[BETA v0515] Hampton Bay Zigbee Ceiling Fan/Light Controller

Mine just detected the lamp after a few days. I’m good.

Hmm that’s odd, for me when I click on my fan, then the 3 dots I get a choice of edit or information. From that I’m still not seeing that dimmerAsFanControl option

You can also set it in the IDE. Click on the fan controller under my devices ->under preferences choose edit → set the value to 1

Thank you for your reply mikesbau but am i on the wrong page? I don’t seem to even see preferences?

Yes your on the wrong page. On the prior page befor you got to that one you would have seen “preferences” choose edit under preferences

I can’t find preferences anywhere. This is the page prior to my screenshot earlier.

So what it looks like you did is just changed the DTH to the new DTH so you are stuck with the prior DTH options. Try deleting the device and then add it back with the new DTH.

First off i want to say thank you mikesbau for taking the time to help me troubleshoot but still nothing. I removed the fan thru IDE, added it back in then used raphaelborja’s DTH and still no preference option.

Delete it in smartthings app. Dont just remove the DTH remove the device. The telling sign is that you still have the old virtual devices which were part of the KOF device handler under child devices

I deleted the fan thru the app, then I deleted all 3 of the previous DTH, added the fan back in via smartthings app, then i applied raphaelborja’s DTH, and still…the same thing. No preferences option for me.

What do you have under child devices? You should have a single child device.

If you have this you still have the older device handler options

I just have one child device

hmmm…I dont know that is odd I dont know why you dont have it. Could it be your signed into smartthings classic?

In your smartthings app can you get to settings under the device?

mikesbau, first off i really want to thank you for taking your time to help me out here. I really appreciate it. I have solved my problem, apparently when i installed the DTH, i copied the code from raphaelborja’s source as in, i went to his github, looked at his releases, saw his one release titled First Functional version, downloaded the source code (zip) then took the code and pasted it into IDE. I then decided to see if i were to add his repo to my IDE if anything would change. Well, after i did that, i noticed the fan controller could be updated. After i did that, i had the “preference” option in IDE and option appeared in smartthings app under the 3 dot menu. Again, i really appreciate your help and i couldn’t believe that was the issue.

No problem glad you got it figured out.

I’ve been trying to understand how to integrate my Wink-enabled Garnier fan but the more I read the most confused I become.

I already have two Garnier fans and their controllers - do I still need to purchase the Zigbee controller?

How did you publish rafaelborja’s DTH to your smartthings app? I tried following the integration instructions and appeared to publish it but it’s not showing up on my smartthings app. Were there custom instructions included in the code? If so, I didn’t understand them at all.

Is it possible for someone to post an ELI5 version of what I’m supposed to do?

Thank you!

First off do you have the Hampton bay zigbee controller in your fan already?

I would expect that to be the same as the add-on module and able to use the same DTH; there’s probably a post saying so a few hundred back…

Have any of you folks noticed stability issues with these fans? I see a huge number of messages back and forth and sometimes failures. I am using a GE 45856 as a repeater. All 3 fans hop through this switch before making it back to the hub. This switch is centrally located between all 3 and no more then 15 feet away from any one fan max.

This is just one of the fans. I have seen a couple transmit failures The quantity of messages is odd to me.

• Last Hop LQI: 255
  • Last Hop RSSI: -53
  • Received Messages From Device: 1757
  • Received Messages From Device (Duplicates): 2
  • Messages Transmitted to Device: 3155
  • Messages Transmitted to Device (Failures): 0
  • Updated Time: 2020-05-27 12:13 PM PDT

All 3 Fans hop through this GE switch before reaching the hub

• Last Hop LQI: 255
  • Last Hop RSSI: -53
  • Received Messages From Device: 305
  • Received Messages From Device (Duplicates): 0
  • Messages Transmitted to Device: 302
  • Messages Transmitted to Device (Failures): 0
  • Updated Time: 2020-05-27 11:39 AM PDT

Well for me this new DTH has made my fans more responsive and I haven’t noticed any issues TBH but here is some info from one of my fans. I have 3 aswell I can’t really tell if this is good or bad. Maybe you can tell me? The fan hops thru 2 zigbee outlets that serve as repeaters.

Metrics * Last Hop LQI: 140

• Last Hop RSSI: -65
  • Received Messages From Device: 15102
  • Received Messages From Device (Duplicates): 14
  • Messages Transmitted to Device: 13833
  • Messages Transmitted to Device (Failures): 1
  • Updated Time: 2020-05-27 7:12 PM EDT

I can provide info for my other fans if you need data to compare with.