Best Zwave Plus in wall out 2021

Hey guys, what’s the best (and newest) in-wall electric outlet? For inside and outside?
In USA.
I would like to have repeater/mesh hop (I think most newer ones have this.
For the outside, I have some palm trees I want to have RGB+W spot lights on them.
No heavy appliances needed.
I looked all over for comparison charts on BING, GOOGLE , YAHOO …
THX
Tony

As always, there’s no one “best“ because different people have different budgets and different priorities.

If you want the very newest technology, that’s Z wave 700, or “Z wave plus V2.” But I don’t think there are any outlets available with that yet.
So youwould probably have to wait another six or eight months to get one of those.

The current generation is zwave 500, “Z wave plus.“ And these days you should be looking for one with S2 security so it can act as a repeater for other S2 security devices.

The most popular are probably the GE enbrighten line, which are good enough for most people. Leviton (Green LED) and Eva Logik (blue LED) both have models with other features.

I personally like Eaton Cooper devices, and they have a new S2 model, RFTR9605-T, blue Led. And it’s specifically designed for switchable outlet functions, with an accessory switch option. They have their own color palette which matches their own switches but might not match other devices. I really like their silver granite, personally. They also have a configurable “power on“ feature which lets you decide what you want the outlet to do if the power is cut and then restored.

I believe these all have one Z wave controlled outlet and one dumb outlet.

I think Leviton ZW15R offers the most standard faceplate color choices (Light Almond, Ivory, Black, Brown, Gray) , but other than that they are all pretty similar.

1 Like

I’m just curious would you know if the
GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus, SmartStart, S2, Tamper-Resistant Smart Outl — ZWaveProducts
No it S2, no one else says it is S2 and I can’t find any definitive info on it.

Also, the has different models ending with Txx. all those models say S2. But am I correct they are $95 each?
Thx for your help

Every certified Z wave device will have a “conformance statement“ posted at the official Z wave alliance products site, and you can always check things like S2 there. In this case.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3892?selectedFrequencyId=2

So yes, it supports S2 security.

I’m afraid I didn’t understand your second question. :thinking:

If you were asking about the Eaton Cooper device, you just have to shop around, the price varies a lot.

Lowes is a distribution partner for Eaton Cooper and often has the lowest price.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Eaton-15A-Z-Wave-Plus-TR-Receptacle-WH/1002717112

Amazon may match that price or not, you have to report it first.

https://www.amazon.com/Eaton-RFTR9605-TAW-Z-Wave-Wireless-Receptacle/dp/B07NLYX72X/

The suffix in Cooper devices is the color and design code. The T is for tamper resistant. So AW is “alpine white“ etc.

1 Like

Were you able to set the parameter for the default state or powered on? If so how?

Mariano has a zwave configuration edge driver which will work with any mains powered zwave device to let you set the parameters. Then since the parameters are stored in the firmware for the device, you can switch back to the everyday edge driver, and it should retain those parameters.

that said, some people have reported that some of the new stock edge drivers were resetting parameters when they shouldn’t of been, so this may not work with everything, but it should be worth a try.

So you subscribe to the channel and download the zwave configurator edge driver. Once it is available on your own hub, you should then be able to use the device details page to switch to it.

Once you have switched to it, set whatever parameters you want. Then switch back to the original edge Driver.

I would recommend deleting the configurator tool edge driver from your hub after you’re done with it, because it can create some confusion when adding other new devices, since all zwave devices will match to it.

If you have any further questions about the configurator, ask in the author thread:

(EDGE Driver-Mc): Z-Wave Device Config Mc