Best Tablet for an inexpensive wallmount Controller?

I forced stop Silk and reinstalled Firefox. It worked after that. Thanks.

I know this is going to be more subjective, but any comment or field experience as to which tablet size works better for wall mount? 8" versus 10"? Directionally, I am planning on testing out the latest amazon fire HD to replace the original alarm.com panel at my garage entrance. If that works out, I can replicate that to another panel around the house (e.g. bedroom side table)

For my kitchen, I opted for 10" and still have things distributed across a half dozen dashboards (lights, news, cameras, etc.). We have family in another city and it is nice to show parallel weather and news feeds, for instance.

If I were to put another tablet in the hallway or an entrance, then I would consider 8" and give it a smaller subset of capabilities. I imagine that I only need control and visibility of a few things from that location. Others are much more experienced at this, but that is my subjective take on the topic.

That is my exact thought also. Given the one I absolutely need to replace (for convenience) is by the door way. Just need it good enough to arm/disarm, with some key switches and information