Blinds arrived and fitted today (Excuse the filler holes which I’m waiting to dry)
I ordered 120cm KADRILJ and didn’t realise it was the width of the material, not the entire unit so I ended up fitting outside the window recess (I find drilling inside the recess a pain anyway)
As you can see in the closed photo (it’s quite bright here today) they definitely aren’t blackout but weren’t advertised as such, more to offer privacy and sun shade.
Pairing with the new app was dead easy. Just press the 2 buttons on the unit and they were discovered straight away. I’ve set a preset for them to come to the window sill, it’s 46%. As a result ST thinks they are ‘partially open’ when I’d consider them closed. I need to figure out how to set the ‘closed’ length.
I didn’t play with the remote but from what I’ve read you can’t pair with ST and the remote, which kinda defeats the object to me. These are in my office, so only I use them but for other rooms I think I’d want to figure out manual control. Google assistant found them after re-scanning Smartthings but I’ve not tested out voice control yet.
My initial impression is that I’m pleased and will consider getting some more if I can figure out the dual control