Smart blinds feedback (2020)

Just curious 2hat smart blinds people are using with smartthings? Looking for something that works with the new app. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Springs Window Fasions / Graber / Bali (all the same blinds using Somfy motors under different names) ZWave blinds work very well. (but make sure the blinds’ motors have firmware above 11.3). I have quits a few I bought from ZebraBlinds. These are generally semi-custom or full custom units and are priced accordingly.

Ikea Fyrtr work very well also if you prefer Zigbee and if full customization isnt as important.

1 Like

What do you mean by full customization?

Size, colors, fabric styles, valence styles, etc

1 Like

Oh, ok & thanks for replying. I know ikea has only 1 color & I would have to cut it to.fit my window, which is something I do t want to do. Looks easy but still hesitant.

1 Like

Yep. I saw the way to hack the Ikea, freat units if they fit your use, Im just not going to take a hacksaw to something I paid over a hundred bucks for and voids the warranty. Ill let the factory do it for me and pay extra.

2 Likes

I have corded horizontal blinds and I bought iBlinds to retrofit them. I’ve had a few snags which are mostly noted in the thread below but overall I’m happy. For the price, compared to buying new blinds with integrated motors, it’s a good system. Start at the linked post - everything earlier is speculation and discussion of the Kickstarter approach, going down there are reviews and feedback, including use with the new app.

1 Like

I cut mine by 1 inch. It actually takes about 15 min per blind and is pretty easy. Next time I would use a miter saw rather than a hack saw to make the cuts easier though.

1 Like