Looking for recommendations here on my first smart outlet for specific use case.
- I want to connect a water circulating pump to a smart switch (now, I use a RF enabled switch to turn on/off remotely)
- I want to trigger it (on) using alexa, as well as via an app (can be dedicated or SmartThings)
- I want the switch to turn the pump off automatically after X minutes (2 specifically)
- As a bonus, would be nice to also be able to have a second light/switch turn on/off when the outlet is on (maybe hue light one day to turn to specific color)
I was thinking WeMo only because they have a recipe for auto-timer-turn-off so I know I can do it with them. But am I missing out on leveraging Smartthings if I do that?
I have :
- Eco (just today!)
- 1 motion, Siren and 2 Leviton z-wave switches
As an FYI, I know and did the following
- Connected all the above to SmartThings and used SmartThings App and Alexa to turn on / off lights.
- Know how to trigger using SmartThings app lights based on motion
- Used the home smart home monitor to auto turn on lights and alert me etc’