So I finally convinced myself to migrate from the V1 hub to the V2 hub that has been gathering dust in my closet for 2 years, since it seems that the V1 hub doesn’t get updates anymore (or maybe I missed them being installed)…but I sense alot is going on with Samsung/Smartthings right now. Should I wait even longer for the dust to settle? I’ve been gone from the community for a while…my V1 system is pretty stable, and I haven’t added any sensors in over a year. However, it would be nice to have the V2 running everything, with offline capability and new SW updates.
It seems the developer site is changing? Or is it? I noticed I can still login to the developers site and my handlers are still there, but is all that migrating to a new sandbox (ie Samsung API)? Or is that something different?
I also noticed all the talk about Samsung Connect app, and to stay away from it until further notice.
All of this makes me wonder if a switch to the V2 hub right now is a bad decision.
It’s very limited “off-line” capability, just some of the automations from smartlighting And a few bits of smart home monitor. No custom code of any kind runs locally, neither device type handlers nor smartapps. Routines don’t run locally. Mode changes don’t run locally. The mobile app can’t talk to the hub without the cloud being active. So you really aren’t gaining very much in that regard. So I would also just wait until things settle down.
It’s been about 8 months now. I already updated my account to be samsung account, still running on V1 hub. Now V3 is out and I am thinking whether it’s a good time to migrate to V2, which’s been in shelf for over a year…