Automatons not working with Honeywell Honeywell TH6320ZW2003 T6 Pro Series Z-Wave Stat Thermostat

I just installed a Honeywell Honeywell TH6320ZW2003 T6 Pro Series Z-Wave Stat Thermostat and added it to my smartthings. I can see and control it from within the app. I wanted to add an automation to have the temp drop to 73 degrees from 10 pm to 5 am and then did another automation to have the temp return to 75 degrees from 5 am to 10 pm. I am on night two and the automation is not working, I have to lower the temp to 73 degrees at night, but when I get up in the morning it has returned to 75 degrees. Why is the night time automation not work, but the morning one does? I tried to delete both automation and create new ones, but this did not fix the issue. Any ideas?

I was going to try and create the same automation in a webCoRE piston and see if that works. Not sure if there is a problem with automatons in the app.

thanks,
Justin

This is a common issue which indicates either an issue with the underlying mesh or the platform scheduler. If the mesh loses a packet then the command never reaches the thermostat (this can happen for a lot of reason which are explained in other FAQ topics) or if the platform timer skipped an execution due to heavy load it could also result in the same situation.

You may want to address the underlying mesh issues if possible, check that your thermostat was paired with the C-Wire connected as explained on this topic first post.

Alternatively you can use a hardier app like this one which does come verification to handle these types of underlying issues:

RBoy, thanks for the info, I did verify that my T-stat has a C-wire, so I think that part is covered. I will try the 5-2 Day app and see how it works.

thanks,
Justin

can you post a screen shot of your automation?

Here is the way I have the Bedtime cooling automation setup, I also reset the T-stat, excluded it and re-included it to smartthings. It picked up a different ID when it rejoined, not sure if that matters.

Sorry, had to do two posts, it only lets new user post one photo.

Hmmm, that automation should work.

Yes, that is what I thought, I have a lot of automation’s running and they all work great. I am going to see if it will run tonight, since I reset everything.

thanks,
Justin

Everything worked great, automation kicked right, thanks for all your help.

hi @JSY . i was thinking about picking this t6 unit up. any advice you can offer? what kind of automation exists? (what kind of IF and THEN are there in the ST app) thanks!

The entire SmartThings platform has changed since the last post on this old thread. The posts prior to yours will be misleading so don’t rely on them.

1 Like

yea, exactly why i ask. i know things have changed. i looked for an Edge driver for this unit, and couldnt find anything specific, not even from Honeywell… all i came up with is from @Mariano_Colmenarejo and i havent yet bothered him if he has included this model in his driver.

1 Like

Hi @9three

Stock zwave thermostat has this honeywell t6

- id: "honeywell/t6"
    deviceLabel: Honeywell Thermostat
    manufacturerId: 0x0039
    productId: 0x0008
    productType: 0x0011
    deviceProfileName: base-thermostat
1 Like