Automation still not adjusting with sunrise/sunset (20 March 2021)

I know. That’s why I replaced all my uses of both with the Motion and Mode Lighting App. It runs locally and reliably.

Wut dis is?

hubitat smartapp

2 Likes

Automations don’t work based on time either. It’s a pretty convenient feature.

Things seem to be working better starting yesterday morning, but still need more time to see if this persists. I did not change any automations or power cycle the hub. Support has been updated.

Well, the time for sunrise/sunset did adjust on Monday (to 6:45AM for sunrise), and today (Tuesday) it was the same. Thus two weeks of data suggests they are only updating the sunrise/sunset times for Automations on a weekly basis.

So 7 days of 6:57AM, lets see how long it stays at 6:45AM.

@garrett.kranz and I have been trying to get more info on this. Previously sunrise/sunset would reschedule if the solar event was more than 5 minutes off but it seems like that value may be higher now.

2 Likes

Didn’t it used to be every day? What is the point of offering sunrise/sunset if you aren’t following it? :blush:

Do we know where this is being applied? Is it an Automations thing, all Rules, or all new integrations?

NOT exactly. Two major failures in the past 30 days ! See Help: Smart Lighting App Issue with Error "Something went wrong. Please try to install the SmartApp again"

Seems like it’s a forgotten function in ST’s New App-focused ecosystem, and it is definitely not proactively monitored for service outages.

Are you implying that you “sideloaded” as it were a Hubitat-developed Smartapp, and the app itself and its automations run locally on an ST hub?? (Hopeful)

Good question. As far as I know it is all Rules.

No. See the topic Alternative Hubs

I’ve had a few minor delays with a switch triggered via a motion sensor using Smart Lighting.

I’m not putting much of a load on it with only 13 automations in the SmartApp.

I read about folks doing all sorts of amazing things using all kinds of methods. And I read about lots of failures and ongoing problems.

I’ve got 40-ish smart switches and dimmers (mix of Z-wave Plus and Zigbee), a handful of Zigbee sensors, and a couple of Zigbee pocket sockets. 100% stock DTHs. Half dozen automations plus what’s in Smart Lighting. That’s it. Mostly operate things via voice-triggered Alexa routines.

While I suffer with everyone else thru the ST cloud outages, I have very, very few issues. I hope to keep it that way. :anguished:

Garrett and I heard back from the developers and sunrise/sunset events for automations created in the app via “Add Automation” should be updating their schedule daily. This is similar to how Weather Station and Smart Lighting functions. When the automation executes it will also schedule it’s next event. Feel free to let me know if you are seeing otherwise.

1 Like

My sunrise/sunset automations have been working the last few days, the times are adjusting daily. Hope this keeps working…

Thanks!

1 Like

I’d forgotten that I had converted a Smart Lighting automation using sunrise to an Automation and so wasn’t just the curious bystander I thought I was …

I can see that ‘sunrise’ was the same on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, was fifteen minutes earlier but the same on Monday and Tuesday, jumped five minutes on Wednesday and a further two today (Thursday).

So it looks fixed, but only in the last two or three days for me.

There was a bug fix that went out around the 23rd so that makes sense.

2 Likes

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

1 Like

Yup, mine sunrise rules starting changing times daily on the 24th.

1 Like