Automation request: Sunset to a specific time

When are we going to get the option to set a period of time that includes sunrise/sunset to a specific time? You can currently do this with smart lighting, but not an automation.

For instance: Sunset to 11:30 PM.

Currently, when creating an automation, you need to use sunset and sunrise together. You cannot mix one with a specific time. @blake.arnold

10 Likes

I second this request. This is a small, but important feature that seems to be overlooked.

Next, I was going to bring up a few software basics like quality & reliability techniques like replication and regression testing, but
 blah, blah, who cares anymore?

I’d like to see this feature as well.

BTW what do you mean by “smart lighting”? What is it?

Smart Lighting is a legacy SmartApp that was created for automating common lighting and switching scenarios. Some of its ‘rules’ were also implemented natively in the hub to allow some automations to run locally.

In regions where it remains available for installation you can find it hiding in the app by going to Automations > Add routine > Discover.

As a legacy app its days are numbered. It is not known if there are any plans to migrate users to an alternative solution or if they will be expected to handle that for themselves.

I see. Thank you for explanation. In that case, Smart Lighting is not an option for me because I don’t see it in Automations > Add routine > Discover.

This is unbelievable. Im just coming back to smarthings as it would be a useful addition to a holiday home. My first issue is Tuya devices (not all show up) then I set my first automation as you suggested sunset to 11.30pm, cant find an option, assume im doing something silly and then find this thread!!
Guess ill bite the bullet and go to Home Assistant for holiday home after all. Such a shame as i assumed after a few year hiatus ST would have moved on.