Automation of Windfree Air conditioner with Samsung wifi-kit for DVM-S System

Is there any way to automate individual room air conditioners with the Samsung wifi-kit MIM-H03UN that was designed for ST? With the Wifi-Kit, ST can turn on/off all rooms as a group, but offers no automation control of heat, cool, fan, temperature etc of the group and no automation control at all of the individual rooms other than an on/off scheduling app separate from the existing ST automation.

If there is no automation for individual rooms via Samsung hardware/software, Will the remote work to program Harmony or Bond? Is there any way for Alexa to control this device, I have been unable to get here to add it.

Help,
I have the same problem.
Thanks.

In the end I used a ir repeater to connect the devices to Alexa witch controls an ever growing part of out home. Control is limited compared to Samsung WiFi witch is ok, or Samsung remote which Is best, but we’re just looking to turn it on with the same mode at the same temp, so limited device control wasn’t an issue.

For the record, very disappointing for Samsung to charge so much for a WiFi air conditioning connection that is so terrible. Anyone else out there looking for this solution, I recommend to just buy the ir repeater and skip the WiFi.

I used this ir repeater , but looks like someone shut them down.

Thank you very much for your advice. I am very disappointed with Samsung/Smarthings policy.
The system has the potential to do everything you need without an IR controller for each indoor unit. :frowning:

I’m having a similar issue with the Wind Free AR9500 model. Alexa doesn’t provide any ability to change the MODE to HEAT, just simply on and off, and a temp setting, however always defaults to COOL and can’t change to HEAT via the voice requests.

Its crazy you had to use an IR adjuster for this. I have a much, much cheaper Kogan WIFI A/C that was installed at the same time in another room and works seamlessly with Alexa and setting routines etc.

One year latter and still having problems with this…

I’ve been able to add my AC System to SmartThings. It wasn’t easy. My First Wifi kit came with a problem, so Samsung came along and replaced the board. It worked. After 3 hours we managed to add it to smartthings. Yes… 3 hours…

Ow, about the wifi kit, it only works with 2.4Ghz, do not expect it to work well with your wi-fi 6 router… it constantly gets offline… I will need to buy some old router just to make it more stable…

Now, when I try to create a routine to turn it on, It shows only one switch. Air Conditioner on/off. I have 5 rooms here, and I can turn them all on or off, but not a single room.

Somehow the rooms are inside the Air Conditioner device. From SmartThings perspective, it is a single device. SmartThings can not detect the rooms inside it.

I’m worried that this will be a problem when a manage to sync it with Alexa, but right now, Alexa does not find the AC System. I’ve been trying for days and haven’t found a way to make it happen.

I tough it will be easier… and I just choose Samsung because of SmartThings, believing it will work like a charm… so naive…

My system is a mini vrf. Maybe with a multi-split things works better… :frowning: