Automation based on weather conditions seems to be completely broken if it's partly cloudy outside (probably the most common type of weather)

The ‘weather conditions’ automation offers four conditions: Rainy, Snowy, Cloudy, and Clear.

However, selecting ‘Cloudy’ and ‘Clear’ doesn’t also take into account Partly Cloudy - in fact, no routine ever executes for partly cloudy weather.

This means that comically, I can set up a routine to execute when the weather is ‘Rainy’, ‘Snowy’, ‘Cloudy’, or ‘Clear’, and yet it won’t execute when the sun is blazing in the sky and there are a couple of clouds, because the weather tile for my location reports ‘partly cloudy’.

I have experimented with this on several partly cloudy days, and everything else works including temperature, humidity, and removing the weather condition from the routine altogether.

Can this please be fixed, or at least a condition be introduced where something can be programmed between ‘dry’ and ‘not dry’? Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds really frustrating! :disappointed_relieved: probably just an oversight.

This forum was set up several years ago so that customers could help other customers. It’s not officially monitored by support.

So your best bet is to put it in as an official support request. Hopefully they can correct this soon.

Did you find a solution for this? I just set up 3 window shades on a west-facing wall to close in late afternoon, but would be nice to be able to add “sunny”, “partly cloudy”, and “partly sunny” as a conditions. Otherwise we just have to open them back up after they close.
As a crude work-around I may add a routine with “rainy” and “cloudy” as conditions to re-open them one minute after the time-based routine. Thanks!