August WiFi Locks now integrate with ST without Z-wave (January 2020)

Now if they just had a lever lock version that wasn’t $300…

there was a brief period during black friday where the yale locks with august connect were $220 and $240 around christmas so there is always hope they will fall again

1 Like

From camel camel camel:

2 Likes

$160? Guess I’m waiting 10 more months haha thanks @JDRoberts

2 Likes

I asked August support about resetting the lock and getting updated firmware:

“The new integration will abandon Z -Wave directly through the August application. The lock does not need to be reset but will need to be unlinked from your Z-Wave HUB. Your lock could now be on the latest firmware. Please advise when you once you need the new firmware to be pushed.”

2 Likes

Why is this not working in the regular app for me?

It is working for me. Did you remove the z-wave connection to the lock before connecting it by the new wifi integration?

I only have the wifi only locks that don’t have zwave.

Contact August support since they manage the integration and let them investigate.

1 Like

I have mine connected via both cloud to cloud and zwave (2 separate devices for each) and it working ok.

It sounds like you are using the zwave lock connected both via zwave and wifi. I am using:

Yes, but what if he has the newer firmware on the lock and is suffering from the known z-wave control issues :slight_smile:

Are you getting an error connecting? “Not working” could mean many things…

I click on the device and the app crashes.

I’ve been so fearful of the new app I don’t even want to install it. I know they are pushing us there, but I’m waiting till they force it. Maybe I’ll be brave and try it so I can get this integration.

1 Like

the new app is only required for the setup. Once you connect in the new app, you can use the devices from classic app.

FYI, August support confirmed that if you have an August keypad, then all data related to the unlocking, opening/closing of the door does NOT go to smartthings. This is a huge bug and they agree. They requested that in addition to their support going back to the developers that I contact smartthings support to open a ticket, which I did as well. However, I am taking it further and requesting the community to actively participate as well. If you have a keypad and have the same issue as me, please contact both August support and smartthings support. Let’s get this fixed, as I see this as a major bug. Thanks!

1 Like

Do you mean just the act of owning a keypad? Or using the keypad to unlock the door causes the lock to not show unlocked in ST?

Or does he mean the ability to program codes to the keypad or lock from SmartThings?

1 Like

Using the keypad causes the keypad data, and for some reason the door sense to not show.

1 Like