Arlo arm and disarm

Is there way to arm and disarm the Arlo hub? Either using a smart app or web core.?

It seems as though IFTTT has this capability to arm or disarm Arlo, but smart things does not…

I use IFTTT and a virtual switch in ST to arm and disarm.

You can include the virtual switch in your routines and scenes.

I just tried to do that. Apparently, the IFTTT Arlo applets have been messed up since September 28 of last year. According to their status page. Unable to do that.

They were working for me up until I switched to Stringify about a month ago. Give Stringify and a virtual switch a try.

I am not sure why one would want to arm/disarm the Arlo hub, but the individual cameras can be controlled easily in Smartthings using Routines to turn the cameras to a standby state and custom rules to control when they record video.
The siren on the Pro hub can be treated the same way.
Am I missing something here?

Brian

I have the original Arlo cameras, so no siren. If you turn off the individual cameras then your wife happens to open the Arlo app she sees that they cameras are off and thinks the batteries are dead.

Yep. I just created a stringify account. I really didn’t want to create another “” cloud account if I didn’t have to, but IFTTT’s arlo applet is not working.

So stringify it is. Thanks guys

Well my Arlo IFTTT ST applet is working. I just tested it. Mode changes between armed and disarmed just fine.

I don’t appear to be using any official applet, just an applet I made between the two services.

Here’s what I got from their status page. … I called technical support for netgear, Apparently they are working with IFTTT to fix the problem. I’ll keep using Stringify until they fix it.

I use webcore mixed with home modes

download

I think you may have posted the wrong screenshot?? This isn’t talking about Arlo at all. Has to do with your garden spots.

Sorry. I updated. It has my.arlos on and off depending on tome and who is home.

1 Like

ahh, it says new applets. I’ll be sure not to delete mine!

Apparently it’s been down since September 28, they don’t seem to be in a hurry to fix it.

1 Like