Hi. Hoping for help from people smarter than me.
- Solar installation capable of running off batteries when line power goes out.
- Takes 4 seconds to switch to batteries after line power is lost.
- Big load circuits (e.g. AC, range, dishwasher, etc) are not included in battery-backed power.
- I need to automatically disable large loads on the remaining outlets (e.g. non-critical refrigeration)
- I found a manual device (SafetyGate Restart Protection Plug),
- but what I’d like is a smartthings outlet or module that is “OFF” when power is restored regardless of the previous setting. I could then easily enable all those loads via Alexa or an automatic app when line power is restored.
Is there any existing appliance module that does this? If not, could a driver be modified to support it?
P.S. I did search before posting my question, but found nothing except Power Outlet Questions which doesn’t really address the question.