Anyone try the new Tuya Zigbee 3 sensors?

Anyone get anywhere with these?

The eBay seller failed me; the tracking number they gave showed it had never been handed over to China Post, but the seller kept insisting that it was at my post office about to be delivered.

I was able to get refunded, then ordered it on AliExpress. If that fails, Iā€™ll get it right from Tuya.

Has anyone tested the Siren?

Yes, I did. It does not work out of the box, nor with any of the zigbee device handlers for sirens. I have investigated, and found that it doesnā€™t use standard zigbee clusters. Most communication goes over the Tuya-specific cluster 0xEF00, for which I could not find a handler anywhere. I am now working on writing a device handler myself, but despite decades of programming experience I am new to writing device handlers in Groovy, and I find the documentation terrible, outdated and incomplete. So, it may take a while before I can come up with anythingā€¦

1 Like

Hey Frank,

Thanks for letting me know, have you posted in any of the other sections for help? Iā€™m not a dev, so Iā€™m not sure. But happy to help with any testing ect?

I have now opened a thread to seek advice from the device handler experts around here. Letā€™s see what we can achieve together!

Awesome! Whatā€™s the link?

Thanks @Patrick_Duarte! I was able to make this work after 2 hours!

I have a Tuya Zigbee 3.0 1 Gang Switch (TYZS3 v1.0.0). It was detected as TUYATEC-p9HCE8pZ TS0011 from the Web IDE.

Hereā€™s the step by step process to make this work:

1. Add the Zigbee 3 switch using the Auto Scan feature
  2. Login to the Web IDE
  3. Locate the newly added Thing in your My Devices list
  4. Edit
  5. Change the ā€œTypeā€ to ā€œZigbee Switchā€

For other zigbee devices, you must locate the correct Zigbee Type in the dropdown. In Patrickā€™s video, he showed how to do this with temp and humidity sensors.

Good luck and thanks again @Patrick_Duarte!

1 Like

I bought a couple of MoesHouse ā€œWhite ZigBee Smart Thermostat Programmable Temperature Controller ZigBee Hub Required for Water Floor Heating - ZigBee Thermostatā€ . hoping i could do something similarā€¦

-they are Tuya based Zigbee v3 thermostats.

I have the devices discovered by the Hub, they show up asā€¦
Data * zigbeeNodeType: ROUTER

• application: 41
  • endpointId: 01
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_aoclfnxz
  • model: TS0601
  • EnrolledUTDH: true
    Raw Description 01 0104 0051 01 04 0000 0004 0005 EF00 02 0019 000A
    Firmware * Current Version: 0x00000041
  • Target Version: 0x00000041

but none of the existing Zigbee Thermostat device handlers will communicate with them.

any ideas apart from sending them back ?

Unfortunately, many Tuya Zigbee devices do not use standard Zigbee clusters to communicate. Instead, much of the traffic goes to and from the Tuya specific cluster 0XEF00, with which standard device handlers do not know what to do.
It wouldnā€™t be super difficult to write a new device handler for that purpose for someone who is experienced. Iā€™m struggling with a Tuya siren, and - despite decades of programming experience - do not get anywhere with the sketchy and outdated documentation. So, my advice if you donā€™t find a ready, working handler, and donā€™t want to dig deep into programming yourself, would be to send the devices back.

Thanks, yes i thought about sending them back to China but the postage and customs import costs would not be worth itā€¦ so ive put them up for sale on ebay and im also looking into HomeAssistant using the zigbee2mqtt module functionality as an alternative method of control - all is not lostā€¦ just might have to finally try homeassistant out.

Hey all,

The other team are saying they have a DH for that Neo Siren that works LOL. Can anyone convert it to test?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/markus-li/Hubitat/release/drivers/expanded/zigbee-tuya-alarm-expanded.groovy

i tried this one :

with success , as described in a video in this thread as an ā€˜ā€˜SmartSense Motionā€™ā€™ with local execution and im happy.
but did anyone tried this one :

cause is much superior sensor (with temp humidity and usb power) and it would be really nice to include it.