Anyone have the linear gd00z support zwave command list?

I am trying to improve my device code for the GD00Z garage door openers. I have tried to reach out to linear but not had good results. I wish everyone released the zwave commands they support.

Does anyone have the specs for this device ?

Is there a way to poll the device to see what it supports ?

All certified Zwave devices have a “conformance statement” posted on the Zwave alliance products site. That will list both the “supported” command sets (ones the device can receive) and " controlled" command sets ( ones the device can send). Garage door controllers will be in the “motor control” category.

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/regions/2/categories/21/products

You won’t find any posted details on the command sets themselves as you’re supposed to buy a Zwave developer’s license to get access to those, but the Open Zwave Project should have most of what you need for that.

The zwave standard does allow for manufacturer-proprietary as well, if there are parameters you can set for the device that fall into that category, they will be detailed in the user manual.

1 Like

Hey Ron, let me know if you crank out some good code … I’d be glad to test it on mine. I assume it’s on a v2 hub?

I already have a version out there. It’s just a derivative of
@garyd version. I am just trying to add status of the battery. So far it’s not working because I don’t even know if the GD00Z reports battery status. the garyd vesion of the code had some code which captures the battery % value and some other code which captured Notification with a certain value and set the battery %1 value meaning low battery.

What what I can tell from the specs @JDRoberts pointed out the battery command class isn’t supported and my finding is that batteryGet isn’t responded to so that seems correct.
http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1458
http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1458/embedpics

I think the Notification code in garyd’s version may be correct because my device had the 1% value stored and my battery is likely low, so I modified my version to look for this status code and just report “LOW” instead of 1% which is misleading. However since I did this (and reset my battery to OK) I have not seen the LOW battery status. I am meaning to check my battery with a battery meeter and see if it should be reporting low but I have no had the chance.

Without details engineering zwave specs from Linear (now Go Control) I have no way to code this other then trial and error. I don’t know why they don’t publish their specs like Aeon Tech does. I have written several device drivers for Aeon Tech and their engineer specs are available and their support replies quickly to inquires about their devices. I can’t seem to get hold of anyone at linear. They have so many derivatives of the GD00Z that I was hoping I could get the specs from someone else but so far no joy.

@Ron, I have one question regarding your code and the battery status/report. Once I reset the battery value/status, do I need to keep resetting it regularly in order to get the “Low” status/report or it will automatically update itself when the battery gets to a Low level?

@gferrari I am not sure. Linear doesn’t publish the zwave signals they process so I have to guess at it and can’t really test because the battery is not low, until it is :slight_smile:

I suspect it doesn’t support battery status since the battery is in the sensor not the main unit.