Another SIX MONTHS ROLLS BY, August Smartlock with Connect STILL no word on integration

For those interested, link below. First working version running.
AugustLock integration

Sounds similar to the testing on Smoke Detectorsā€¦ months and still no developmentsā€¦ have Samsung given up on this idea?

Iā€™m just going to dig up this old post to see if anything is happening yet. Iā€™ve got an August Smartlock and the Wifi adapter for the smart lock.

Was really hoping to get this set up sometime before I like croak???

1 Like

A brief update on this: as I stated before, managed to make some small progresses using a Raspberry Pi + Bluetooth to integrate both. But wasnā€™t happy at all because of few things.

Now, tried a different approach, having August Connect talking to SmartThings and seems to work. Just more reliable and safer then using the Bluetooth method, but slower.

Iā€™ll be soon posting more details about the integration. Sadly August doesnā€™t support instant notification when door is open or closed. This turns the process a little bit complicated, as having to poll the lock to check status drains the batteries. So, for now, if someone opens the door using a key, or manually turning the bolt, app will need to pool the status, then execute the desired action (open or close).

RD

1 Like

For those interested, IFTTT partnered with August to allow some activities to be triggered. Doesnā€™t allow yet to open or close the door, but allows a few things, also integrated with smartThings, ex: When the door is opened, turn some lights on. Or when the door is closed, check and arm alarm.

1 Like

Sorry people are being so rude about this. Was a great suggestion and does show that the app is hack-able for this. As a software engineer, I was hoping to cobble together my own support for August and this shows that itā€™s possible.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

In regards to Integration of August I saw this piece of news about a new august smartlock pro with z-wave integration.