Android Tablet 9.0 Pie not supported Smartthings (not Classic)

Hello - for some reason on a Galaxy Tab A “your device isn’t compatible with this version” of Smartthings (not Classic). The google play store app won’t even list it. I can google it on the tablet and try to install it, but get the error. It works fine on my iPhone, naturally.

Samsung Tablet, Tab A, 32Gb Ram & Android Pie 9.0. I also had this same problem on a Google Nexus 10 tablet running 5.1.1. Is there a workaround?

What Android tablets are known to work? I guess Amazon Fire would be OK other than the Amazon App non sideload ecosystem and it never really ever gets updated OS.

I’m trying to integrate Denon HEOS AV receiver, UHD Blueray, Cable Box, HEOS, Harmony and Smarthings on a single tablet bigger than a phone.

Thanks

I have an older Samsung tablet that works fine with Classic and New App: Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (with S-Pen, but that doesn’t matter).

SmartThings cannot be installed on Amazon Fire Tablets without significant gyrations to install and make Chrome the default browser, because otherwise Samsung Login fails and the App gets no further.

But might I suggest the 14-day free trial of ActionTiles as your SmartThings “view & control” tool - it’s web based so runs in any browser, but you can start with the browser wrapped version in the Play Store if you wish.

Use Coupon Code RONT1909 for 19% off the per-Hub License through October 31st, 2019

The SmartThings Apps are not optimized for tablet layout, whereas with ActionTiles you can create any layout that you wish. Being browser based makes ActionTiles fit in well with “kiosk mode browsers” like Fully-Kiosk, that offer special functionality like wake-in-motion detection, timeout to screen savers, lockdown, and more.

Here’s a link to a Gallery of creations our Customers have shared…

https://support.actiontiles.com/communities/12/topics/7023-show-me-your-panels-gallery-3-enhanced-themes

Enjoy exploring! Facilitating use a tablet(s) as a home control center is one of the main reasons we created ActionTiles.

1 Like

Works fine on my Samsung Tab S5e running Android 9

1 Like

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.