Android App Update Version 1.7.41-25 (Dec 21, 2019)

Not sure if others can duplicate but here goes.

I tried looking at the log in the new app this morning and, of course, it stopped at 10:30pm and started again at 7:30am. A big hole. I decided to turn off “other messages” and, all of a sudden, all of the missing log entrees were there for my devices. I turned “other messages” back on and the log stayed populated for the devices. I don’t think the “other messages” reappeared though. I exited history, went back in, and everything appears to be there, device logs and other messages.

I’m curious if this is a fluke or is repeatable by others. If repeatable, it’s something that the ST software designers should be able to easily fix.

I was able to repeat this a few minutes ago. I had a huge hole in my history reporting again. I toggled other messages off then back on and my history reappeared complete.

I don’t seem to get the big holes any more. I thought it sorted itself out with the December update.

It is only when there aren’t any holes that you realise how much data there, and that there needs to be an easier way of going to particular dates and times.

You are fortunate. I’m still seeing it on both my Galaxy S7 running Android 8 and my Galaxy Tab A running Android 9. The screenshot below is from the GS7 this morning. Toggling “other messages” repopulated the log so at least the workaround is relatively painless.

And yes, I agree. Searching the logs can be a real PIA.

I just opened the app again. This time there was a big gap and toggling other messages filled it.

It seems a bit like the main dashboard where it sometimes takes forever to update but when you pop into room or device it seems to kick into life.

Maybe. I just looked and had a gap again. I turned off other messages and am going to leave it off and see if the gaps persist.

I found a way to do this! For each activity control that doesn’t have “example…” underneath the control as shown on the device page, turn that control on and edit the control as follows: turn off every day so it says it will only happen once, change the activation time to a minute from the current time, save and close. When that time occurs in a minute, that quick control functions once and it is now removed from the automation screen.

1 Like

I’m not even going to ask how you found that! :grin:

Thanks for sharing.