Android 2.1.5 - Release Notes

How long has the contract screen been nearly unreadable?

This feature isnā€™t fully released yet. Some people have it because we released it, found a bug, and then pulled it. Since this isnā€™t a feature we support widely it can have bugs.

There is also some visual functions broken.

• Input state: "completeā€™ is ignored for all inputs. Everything is gray
  • The smart app ā€˜Removeā€™ button is no longer a red box. Instead itā€™s just floating tiny blue text

I also canā€™t install nest manager from the android client it wonā€™t populate the primary location enum, but can from iOS.

This is such a P.I.A. iā€™m not sure how things like this go out. Do they not perform any testing?

2 Likes

The simplest solution, which weā€™ve offered to everyone at ST, include @alex many times:

• Allow a sub-set of customers (volunteer Community members, especially developers) to subscribe to a Beta / Pre-Release stream of the App and Platform. With only 2 or 3 days, we clearly and consistently find regression and other bugs; and thatā€™s a valuable contribution that SmartThings should appreciate ā€“ well worth the effort to establish the Beta stream.
2 Likes

One could only hope that this type of process would be in the pipeline soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jody.albritton @slagle
So I tracked the issue iā€™ve been having to the submitOnChange bug that used to effect rule machine.
The entire android app is screwy.
Bool input donā€™t show images.
This is so ridiculous to have to deal with these once fixed issues constantly returning with every new update.

This makes installing my app on android completely impossible without disabling submitOnChange for that critical input which forces the user to bounce in and out of pages to get the data to refresh and show the new options available.

I honestly donā€™t understand how the android developer still has his job. These are pretty serious failures :expressionless:

I have request open for this issue Request #227183

4 Likes

Thanks for the issue request @tonesto7. Jody and I will push for a fix.

Thanks Timā€¦
Iā€™m sorry to keep ranting. It just wears thin having to deal with these recurring issues after every update.

Totally understand. Donā€™t stop letting us know about these things. Jody and I both welcome it.

4 Likes