An LED Controller that actually works with ST?

I am sick of fighting ST and my Fibaro controllers. I have lost ability to consistently control my Fibaro and Fibaro 2 RGBW controllers with ST and just about any DH I can find. Color wheels gone, can’t change brightness level beyond like 60% and honestly even then it is like 20 at best. I have a new project coming with some shelves in my living room and tried using my v1 controller for that thinking it would do better than the v2 controller with no luck. With the sounds of upcoming ST changes it seems it will only get worse. I almost bought a Fibaro hub just to handle them but it seems to have bad reviews. I just want something that works with RGBW on ST for now that will work on other platforms as well. Looked at Home Assistant but it seems Fibaro does things their own way so it appears to be a challenge for other open source platforms.
Thanks

1 Like

What country are you in? The device selection does vary somewhat.

At this point, if you are outside the US, I would probably consider gledopto or Sonoff. Either their Wi-Fi version as a stand-alone or the combination of their Zigbee version with a hue bridge. These are good devices, inexpensive, decent safety certifications, and should run with smartthings although they may require custom code. Or even flashing the firmware on the Wi-Fi ones so they can run without their cloud.

You can find quite a bit of discussion on these in the forums so you can find people who are currently using them and see how it’s going with the new app.

Zemismart may be another candidate, they seem to be pretty committed to maintaining smartthings support, which Fibaro certainly is not.

If you are in the US and want a Z wave device, I would definitely add the Zooz Zen31 to the candidate list. Again, they seem to be committed to maintaining smartthings support, and they have staff who participate in this forum if you have any specific questions. but they don’t make an EU model, which of the other companies I’ve mentioned do.

Also, you might want to take a look at the community FAQ. It lists multiple brands with links:

ST-compatible RGBW LED Strip Controller Reviews (2020)

@TheSmartestHouse

2 Likes

Thanks, I will check this out for sure. I am in US. I would not mind something WIFI but surely want to be able to include in HA. I use presence sensors for activation on one area - Kitchen. Kind of interesting that the physical features of this and the Fibaro are almost exact.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag and the recommendation @JDRoberts!

@ispy if you have any questions about the device, feel free to reach out to our support and we’ll be happy to help.

1 Like

yes thanks @JDRoberts for the help and glad to know support is here. got 1st yesterday and had it in place of my fibaro working correctly in minutes. second one will be here tomorrow. so glad i am done fighting that.

thanks again!

1 Like