Amazon fire tablet and multi room music

Does anyone know if you can add the fire tablets to a echo multi room music group?

You can’t.

1 Like

Given the " high quality" of the Fire speakers, why would you want to ?

2 Likes

Aux out to some type of better audio system? I actually tried this and was also a little disappointed that I couldn’t as I was planning on replacing some of my dots with Fire10s.

1 Like

Just wanted the rooms that don’t have echos in but have tablets to play the same music.

Amazon will gladly sell you another tablet like device just for that purpose. The Echo Show.

Dots are cheaper now than before $39.99 on sale vs $49.99 regular price. The sale might be over soon but they have been on sale a lot lately. With Dots you can have multi-room music playing.

Coming back to this. I love that the Show “shows” the lyrics as audio plays when it’s included in a multi room setup. Since I have Tablets all over the place on walls, it would be super cool if they could display the lyrics like the Show

Even in Show Mode, my 10s do not show up as Echo Devices in the Alexa App
At least not to my knowledge.

1 Like

Same here with my HD8 in the show cradle

Resurrecting this sorry.
I’m surprised you can’t do this with the fire tablets. Yes I know the echo shows you can but in all honesty, the echo shows are useless devices Compared to a tablet device. There’s so many things you can’t do on them things it’s ridiculous.

I agree - this is disappointing for my use case. I have a Fire 8 HD on the wall of my master bedroom, replacing the old '80s alarm keypad. I have the Fire table aux connected to a small amp in my closet, which then drives the in-ceiling speakers in my master bedroom. When I ask Alexa something which requires a voice response, I get it through my in-ceiling speakers. So far - so good.

I have several other Echo Dots or Echo Inputs driving other amps for other zones in my house (all are in-ceiling speakers). I have groups, but cannot add my master bedroom, because it is controlled/run by the Fire tablet.

Another alternative would be to have Alexa on the Fire tablet respond on a separate Echo Dot or Echo Input. If I could set up my Fire tablet to “speak” out to that Echo device which would then connect to my master bedroom amp/speakers, I could accomplish both. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to figure that out.

I agree Kpocius. I am renovating my house in the next few weeks and have been trying to find a good option for this. I will definitely be putting in ceiling speakers and I don’t mind the echos as the mic’s, but really want fire 8’s on the wall in the living room and master bedroom to be able to see the music selection and what not. If I could find a good app to run on it for things like smart lights and stuff as the dedicated screen would be awesome as well like a true smart home setup. Who knows!!

If you enable Alexa on the tablets and que the music from that device (can be groups) it will show what’s playing and the lyrics. It just doesn’t play the music from the tablets in this type of setup.

If it’s being qued from the tablet, and I have that connected to an amp with in-ceiling speakers, will it not play through that aux output?

Also if its playing from the tablet, will I then run into the issue of not being able to group it like I would an echo dot to have music ‘everywhere’?