EDIT (12/26/17): At this time only the v1 hub is supported. Reports indicate that the v2 hub has API differences that are not compatible with this integration. I am awaiting a v2 hub of my own to investigate.
I wanted to share an early version of my integration with Hunter Douglas PowerView. I know there are some existing integrations out there, but they seemed to be in varying states of support, and they didn’t support the main use case I wanted (integrating with EchoSistant for voice control of blinds).
I’m sharing this to get feedback both on whether this is of interest to the wider community (or if people are happy with the existing integrations) and on the implementation itself, since this is one of my first non-trivial SmartApp/device attempts.
Things that are supported:
Shade support is basic, but functional. You can:
- Create Things for individual shades, or for all shades discovered on the hub
- Set the top and bottom positions (work in progress, not all shade types are fully supported)
- Issue Jog and Calibrate commands
- Refresh status
The accuracy of the data returned from the PowerView Hub is quite variable, so shade position and battery info may be out of date.
- Create Things for individual scenes, or for all scenes discovered on the hub
- Trigger scenes either as a momentary switch or as a window covering via the ‘presetPosition’ command
Room support is tailored to work with EchoSistant. EchoSistant allows specifying window coverings to be opened or closed as a group. Rather than specifying multiple sets of shades and having EchoSistant trigger them individually, you can assign an Open and/or Close Scene to a Room, and assign the Room in EchoSistant – “opening” or “closing” the Room will in turn trigger the corresponding scene.
Works in progress:
- Discovery/configuration needs to be more reliable
- If possible, status querying needs to be more reliable, but this may be a limitation of the PowerView Hub
- More configurable refresh time
- Support for multi-room scenes
- (Possibly) optionally support LAN-based service intermediary to query PowerView and only report updates via callback, to reduce load on SmartThings.
Please provide any feedback, suggestions, or (constructive) criticism here.
PLEASE NOTE: I consider this an ALPHA quality release. I am not able to guarantee personal support for installing or using this code, but I will try to do my best here and definitely appreciate anyone willing to be an early adopter.