All of my devices are off line in my NEW app and in the IDE

All of my devices are off line in my NEW app and in the IDE. I cannot turn anything on or off via the app. To toggle anything on or off, I have to go to the physical switch or device.

My internet working well. In HomePass (Plume) all hubs show connection as excellent. I have rebooted all of my hubs via HomePass and when they come backup my devices are online and use able for about 30 minutes. Then they go back to offline. I also rebooted each hub by unplugging them and waiting 10 seconds and then plugging them back in, I start with the furthest hub and I work my way back to my main hub, which is connected to the internet. The same thing happens, when they come backup my devices are online and use able for about 30 minutes. Then they go back to offline.

I have run the Repair Z-Wave network and I do not see results, the indicator just spins.

Take ALL of your hubs offline until you get an error message from the app stating your hub(s) are down.

Because this means taking everything offline i usually just leave everything off for >20 minutes to also trigger a Zigbee heal at the same time. Why not.

Brining thr hub down lonf enough fornthe cloud to notice its gone seems to trigger some yet unknown magic juju tonreset the connection in a way that seems to fix people who’ve reported similar issues.

If it doesnt work you’re probably calling support.

1 Like

Nathan,

Your suggestion worked. What causes this issue? How often do I have to do this?

(Credit @jkp for this - maybe he has context - @jkp, we’re talking about a long shutdown of the hub to counter offline problems.) Not quite sure. We haven’t figured out the WHY yet just that something here causes the cloud half to wake up and say - hey something’s not right here and start looking… I’ve also not heard people needing to do this more than once. But for those who keep reporting ‘hub offline’ or ’ my stuff is always offline’ even though it used to work - this is where I’m going first now it’s easy to do and non destructive.

We all want instant gratification - but what I’m learning is we have to treat a lot of parts of the new ST cloud more like a freight train - very powerful, can’t turn on a dime - doing things too fast breaks stuff - BADLY.