Alexa skill is unresponsive

Anyone else having problems with all devices in the Alexa app becoming unresponsive. I tried disabling and deleting all devices. The Alexa app discovers my other items I.E. Harmony hub, Ring and Yamaha Multicast.

OK solved the problem. Not sure why I had to do this, haven’t need to in the past but. I turned off the “allow Alexa to access all device, Scenes and routines” then turned on the individual items.

Thanks for the advice!

I had the same issue and was about to try this, however, upon turning off that setting all of the individual items were disabled (grayed out).

I ended up disabling the skill again via the Amazon Alexa app. Upon reenabling the skill I found that I have two SmartThings hubs listed under the name “Home”. Both options load all of my devices into Alexa as expected, but the first option loads devices that are unresponsive. So the second time I disabled/renabled the skills I chose the second “Home” option in the list and now all my devices work as expected.

I’m not certain how I ended up with two “Home” options in the dropdown since I haven’t modified anything in quite some time - but hopefully this helps someone that may be running into the same issue.

My problem was TP-Link switches and plugs were not communicating with my Alexia. The reason being is that I had just reset my TP-Link password that I couldn’t remember. When I reset my password, the Alexia app needs to do that as well. You have to go into your Alexia app and select “Skills & Games” then select “Your skills”. Look for your skill, in my case was the TP-Link skill. “Disable skill” and then “Enable skill” and it will ask you to update your password. That solved my issue, but it took a long time to figure that out. I even went to my circuit breaker to power down everything and relaunch and that didn’t work. Hope that helps who ever run into this issue.


Same here. I had changed my TP-Link password to set up a new router, forgetting that my smart plugs also use TP-Link. But I only had the issue with one smart plug out of 6.
Re-enabling the TP-LINK skill fixed it. Thanks!