Alexa Echo Plus and Honeywell Tuxedo Touch

I’ve had the Honeywell Tuxedo Touch with about 15 various z wave devices for several years. I just acquired the Echo Plus and was hoping to add my z wave devices to the Echo, but it doesn’t discover any of my z wave switches etc… My question is, is it possible to have a z wave switch connected to 2 hubs at the same time? Or do I have to choose one hub or the other to connect a z wave switch?

I believe echo plus is zigbee only.

I’ve seen that there are many z wave devices that do work now with Alexa, however I think that if a z wave device is already enrolled in another hub such as mine which is the Honeywell Tuxedo, then that device cannot be enrolled into another hub which is my Echo Plus. I’m just trying to confirm this. In other words can a z wave device be enrolled in two different hubs at the same time?

Again echo plus only has a zigbee radio. You cannot directly pair any zwave device with it.

No I believe zwave devices pair to a single hub at a time. Your alexa should then be able to pair to the hub through a skill to control devices connected to that hub.

A couple of different things.

First of all, as others have said, the echo plus does not have its own Z wave radio. The Z wave devices that will work with any echo do so because the person also has a Z wave controller hub such as wink or SmartThings. You can check with Amazon support to confirm.

Second, this forum is for people who are using the Samsung smartthings home automation platform. It’s a very active forum so it tends to come up near the top on Google searches for home automation, but it is not a general home automation discussion. All the answers you get will be in the context of the Samsung SmartThings platform. So we do have to ask three questions of everybody who is new here:

One) what region are you in? The features and answers do vary somewhat depending on whether it is the UK or the US.

Two) What specific model of the smartthings hub are you using? There are about eight different ones. Again, the features do vary somewhat.

Three) There are two different SmartThings apps. Are you using “smartthings classic” or “smartthings (Samsung connect)”?

Once you answer those, we can help you better. :sunglasses:

Well I believe my question has been answered. I’m using the smart things Samsung connect APP, however my hub is the Honeywell Tuxedo Touch. So basically all my z wave devices are connected to that hub, which means they will not work with my Alexa Echo Plus.

Your z-wave devices will never pair with your echo plus, even if you exclude them from the other hub.

As others have mentioned, the echo plus has a zigbee radio but no z-wave radio.

SmartThings, on the other hand, has both a z-wave controller and a zigbee coordinator, so it can work directly with devices of each protocol.

1 Like