Alexa discovered device groups

About 2 hours ago Alexa automatically discovered all of my Lighting groups set in ST as new switches.

Has anyone else noticed this?

2 Likes

I saw a notification from Alexa that I had some devices found, I ignored it because I had company over. I just checked, and those devices are my lighting groups I set up in ST.

1 Like

I had that happen as well yesterday.

yup, my light groups also got added to Alexa

Great, more things added that are not needed or wanted

When will ST ever give us the control back which we used to have

1 Like

Yeah, I personally find it terrifying that without notice or documentation suddenly voice control will be activating a bunch of new stuff. Sigh. :persevere:

2 Likes

Yes, there should be notification, but how is it an actual problem? You’d still have to say “Alexa turn on living room light (or whatever the new thing it discovered was).” If you dont tell Alexa to turn on the new device you wouldn’t know it was added.

The problem is that at our house we have a lot of people coming and going and so a lot of opportunities for someone to say the wrong thing, which then might accidentally trigger something we didn’t want triggered.

For example, a visitor in bedroom 2 who says “Turn off the bedroom lights” instead of just “turn off the lights” might then end up turning off the lights in bedroom three, which is the one using the group name “bedroom lights“ in smartthings. :confounded:

1 Like

FYI light groups should be gone from Alexa now

1 Like

I dont think anyone would have minded Jimmy if we had the ability to switch on off Alexa discoverable devices like it used to be

Anyway, thanks for the link and good to know its resolved

1 Like

100% agree.

1 Like