After the Migration: What's Broken

So I got the banner the other day, and went ahead with the migration, and upgrading to the new app. Before migrating, I deleted SHM and my routines via the classic app. Here are my concerns:

1.) My Venstar thermostat devices are completely broken. The tile on the home screen just continually displays “Checking status…”, and opening the tile results in a blank screen with nothing but the name of the device.

2.) The tile displays seem pretty useless, at least as far as temp sensors are concerned as they do not display the temperature. You have to open the tile to see the temps.

3.) Also tiles for lights show nothing but on or off, not color or brightness. Seems like there is plenty of space here to display this, but nada.

I’m OK with #3, but #1 and #2 are a real problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-SiP

1. you may be able to modify the device handler to get it working with the new app.

2. model/brand of sensors and which device handler are you using?

3. model/brand of lights and what device handlers are you using?

1 Like
  1. The new app seems to be rather keen on all attributes being populated, including any units that supposedly have a default. ‘Checking status …’ in a dashboard tile can mean that it is still waiting to for all the the attributes associated with declared capabilities to be populated. A lack of units can prevent tiles being displayed on the details page. So make sure your DTH doesn’t take any shortcuts when creating events. To help out new devices, seed all your attributes with valid values in your install() method.

2. There are ways of making temperature appear, but they arguably aren’t quite prime time yet.

3. If we are talking about the dashboard tiles, the mobile app will only display the status of one attribute, and if applicable one action icon (e.g. switch on/off). That is pretty much all the Classic app does too.

1 Like

you may be able to modify the device handler to get it working with the new app.

Hopefully, but I haven’t a clue as to why they no longer working in the new app.

Wireless Sensor Tags as well as SmartThings devices with temp sensors using default DTH’s (which showed temps in the classic app). Are you seeing something different with other DTH’s model/brand of lights and what device handlers are you using?

model/brand of lights and what device handlers are you using?

Hues mostly, using the default DTH’s, but all other lights/switches (GE/Intermatic ZWave) are the same. Again, are you saying you see different results with other devices?

Here is what I see for a color hue light…

So you may want to login to IDE and see what device handlers you are using.

I see the same thing, but that requires drilling down to the full screen info (not displayed on the tile).

Ignore me… I misread your post. Yes, the tiles only show on/off… you have to click on them to see more details.