Aeotec Smartthings hub US (now available)

Great but have a hub, so sensors would be nice…

well there goes my theory of Amazon having it cheaper than Popp. Although this is sold my Aeotec and shipped by Amazon. We’ll see what happens if Amazon stocks it themselves.

Right, this listing is still a manufacturer offering.

And one of pictures are showing Classic app

1 Like

That’s is funny. I noticed that too.

Is it still possible to use the classic app on iOS?

Not possible

1 Like

aaannnddd it’s not available again. So either they sold through their allotment already or there is some other delay.

Just got an email from SmartThings offering me the hub for $35 to replace a V1 hub

yup.

1 Like

I was looking at Hubitat but I think for $35 and free shipping I’ll bite on this. Anyone else?

Regarding retail price of the Aeotec hub, The Smartest House is going to retail it at $99.95.

3 Likes

So when I walk through the steps thesmartesthouse.com is asking for a promo code from the email I got from smartthings…yeah no code…am I missing it? Also themartesthouse.com is on pre-order. Seems not all the ducks are in a row for our ordering purposes. :woman_shrugging:

You don’t need to return the hub in order to get the discount code. You should be getting a user-specific discount code for the Aeotec hub in the email address associated with theSamsung ID you use for SmartThings.

2 Likes

Can you feel me tapping my fingers with impatience?! :crazy_face: Nothing yet…I’ll keep waiting…impatiently. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just ordered my Aeotec replacement… Unfortunately, with a houseful of z-wave devices, it’s going to be a painful process deleting each device individually, and re-adding to the new hub. Not looking forward to it. However, I’ve found the new SmartThings app has a one click delete – much simpler than the older app’s exclude process… Based on beginning ship time for the Aeotec (April 1st at best), it doesn’t leave a wide window to get it done before the V1 retirement…

The V1 stops working June 30, so you have a couple months. You still need to exclude your z-wave devices, though.

1 Like

I ordered it today at a discounted price of $35. It said it was a preorder and to expect shipment in April. They actually just shipped it with delivery tomorrow!!

1 Like

Can anyone share what does the email look like (subject title, etc…) that contains the discount code? I’ve received the end of support email only, no discount code :sob:

its even easier to go into the IDE and delete all your devices. although its 2-3 mouse clicks per device, its much easier on the computer.