As @csstup mentioned, The zigbee profile that smartthings uses only allows for one coordinator (hub) per Network. So your hue hub is forming its own mini Zigbee Network which has nothing to do with your smartthings Zigbee Network. Devices connected to the hue bridge will only repeat for other devices connected to that same hue bridge. And they will not be able to use repeaters connected to the smartthings/Aeotec hub.
In fact, it’s usually a good idea to make sure that the two Zigbee networks are on channels with some separation between them so they don’t cause interference noise for each other.
I usually start out with smartthings on zigbee channel 11, Hue on Zigbee channel 20, and Wi-Fi on Wi-Fi channel 11. But it depends on local conditions, it can take some trial and error if you are seeing problems.
If you aren’t seeing problems, don’t worry about it.
I was having issues with a couple zigbee devices yesterday morning, which is what kicked off the line of questioning from me. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go through the hassle of possibly switching to a channel that was going to anger some of my older zigbee devices, so I decided to switch from 20 to 19, wait a few minutes, then switch back to 20. It appeared to improve the issues I was having and I, at least so far, have not noticed new issues with any other devices.
But then only a short while later, ST came out with the announcement that they were aware of the zigbee troubles. So what I did was most likely for nothing. But at least I learned some things! That probably won’t be useful soon when the IDE goes away…
For these sensors, I have selected a DTH (eZEX) from the dropdown list. I guess, if I select “Thing” or “Unknown” now, it is removed. Sorry to hijack this FW thread with my driver questions.