Aeon siren as door chime

i was able to map in my device to the device handler. when i get time i will try to test it and let you know if it works.

can you help me how to install rule machine, or where i can find it,

You can use the beep functionality with SHM and Notify with Sound so Rule Machine is no longer required, but this is where you can find it.

I created custom monitoring in SHM and selected open/close sensors. and configured to alert with siren. but siren blows. it is not giving beep. i was not sure where to configurei it,

can you please let me know how to configure with SHM. hope i am not asking you much. Thanks for you help

Instead of using “alert with siren”, you need to use “Audio Notifications”, choose “Custom Message” from the Notification field, and enter one of the commands, like “beep”, into the “Play this messsage” field.

Please see the Supported Commands section of this post for the list of commands that can be used and how they need to be entered.

For a detailed explanation of all the available commands, please see this post.

Team, I’m so close with this integration. The problem I have is that I’m using a different siren, D-Link DCH-Z510, when I press the button the alarm comes on but it doesnt go off. Any ideas?

I’ve sussed it out, was so easy in the end.

For anyone with a D-Link DCH-Z510 alarm, that supports multiple different alarm tones, all you need to do is change the following part of the code:

sirens?.siren()

I’ve set my SMH siren to the emergency tone, as a result this simple smartapp was playing the emergency tone continously and never stopping. I changed this code to:

sirens?.DoorChime()

This plays the simple tone twice and stops, perfect and not obtrusive. If you want to use any of the other tones, just change as follows:

Emergency - sirens?.siren()
Ambulance - sirens?.Ambulance()
Police - sirens?.PoliceCar()
Fire - sirens?.FireAlarm()

Thank you to Kristopher for the original code.

So now I’ve set my routines as follows:

1. When I arm SMH it turns on my virtual button that connects to this code to play my door chime.
  2. When you disarm the alarm you get the door chime as an audio aid
  3. the actual alarm tone is emergency

This is freaking cool. Going to try it tonight. Anyway you can create a user updateable settings, where you can enter in beep duration (in ms), number of beeps, pause duration (in ms)? Ie. 500, 3, 1000, would beep for .5 seconds, pause for a second, beep for .5 seconds, pause for a second, beep for .5 seconds (total of 3 beeps).
Then we could create multiple beep devices. Something like Single Beep, Double Beep, and Triple Beep, etc.
Thanks.

Scott

Having an issue with the siren beep as a door chime. It works maybe 70% of the time. Other times it does not beep at all. It will double or triple beep, or it will go full siren.
Would adding a pause fix that?

Also what is the correct function to use?
sleep(200)
pause(200)
silent(200)

All 3 of these were mentioned in posts above, so it’s a little confusing.

EDIT: It the correct command is pause(). I changed it to 150 as 200 was too long, and 100 sometimes did not register. Will need to do more testing but I think pause(150) will work.
I’d recommend changing the last lines of your code to this to make it more reliable.

def switchHandler(evt) {
    sirens?.siren()
    pause(150)
    sirens?.off()
}

[quote=“Scott_Barton, post:43, topic:25349, full:true”]
Having an issue with the siren beep as a door chime. It works maybe 70% of the time. Other times it does not beep at all. It will double or triple beep, or it will go full siren.[/quote]

The device handler below has a bunch of beep related features built into it and it’s very reliable:

I have this installed. I couldn’t get it to do what I want it to do. When a door opens I want it to just chirp and turn on a light. I’m using Smart Lighting for this. If I use the Siren, it just goes into full alarm. If I use the Beep, it works as expected.

I also can’t get it configured correctly using SHM to beep and alarm the way I want it. I’d like to set up different alarms for intrusion and water, and for there to be a delay beep before the full alarm for intrusion.

Also Beep1, Beep2, Beep3 are the same, and Beep4, Beep5, and Beep6 are the same.

So I use the Siren Beep app and Beep virtual device.

Smart Lighting isn’t meant for this so you should use either a Custom Monitor in SHM, Speaker Notify with Sound, or CoRE.

In SHM and Speaker Notify with Sound, use the Audio Notifications feature, choose Custom Message, and then enter the command and arguments you want to execute.

All of the commands are listed in this post a long with instructions on how to use them with various SmartApps:

See link mentioned above…

Beep 1, 2, 3 should be slightly different lengths and 4,5,6 should each be 3 beeps that vary in length and delay between them.

These aren’t necessary and they’re going to make the beeps completely unreliable due to SmartThings latency issues.

I can’t get the delayedAlarm to work. It basically starts alarming from 2-4 seconds after trigger, even though I want 20 seconds. Or after 20 seconds it’ll only beep once.

Here are my Siren settings

I’m also trying to to a different alert for leaks. Here is my config, but nothing happens with the siren. No noise at all

Can you upgrade to the latest version and let me know if that fixes the problem?

Edit: I just realized I hadn’t published the latest version so when you have a moment, please upgrade to 1.8.5 and let me know if that fixes the problem you’re experiencing.

Just tried it. Way worse for me. The siren beep is full alarm. CustomAlarm still not working right. Anyway you can send me a copy of the previous code 1.8.4?

Scott

If the beep button in the SmartApp sounds like an alarm it’s because of the way it’s configured. The screenshot you posted earlier shows that the beep length is 200ms and it repeats 30 times.

If you want one short beep you should change the beep length to 50ms and change repeat to 1.

What do you mean by “not working right”? Is it not turning on, using the wrong sound, turning off too quickly, …?

I just received a VISION ZM1601US-5 Z-wave PLUS Wireless Siren & Strobe Alarm,
Battery Type, Gen5 from Amazon. I set up the Beep and Siren Beep as instructed above.

However I want the beep to be shorter. Is there a way to do that?

That’s the same device as the GoControl/Linear Siren and the response time is unreliable. The device handler below provides your best chance for using it as a beep device, but you’ll probably find that the beep is sometimes a lot longer than you want it.

I am new to Smarthings and using Custom code for Devices. I see the same error when I add the code in My Smart apps. But I was able to add code to My device Handlers without any errors. Which one is the correct way to do? How do I proceed?

Thank you

if anyone is using this, I had to change over from momentary button to on/off button tile, after migrating to the new smartthings app.

1 Like