Access Denied?

(Tom Gauvin) #1

I’m trying to create a Virtual Switch. I’ve looked up how to do it in the help text and followed all the steps. But, it fails and gives this error message:

Access Denied
We’re sorry, but you are not authorized to perform the requested operation.

I searched and found a few things that I tried but no luck.

Unable to update DTH
(jkp) #2

Try logging in to IDE with https://account.smartthings.com and see if you can create one.

(Tom Gauvin) #3

Thanks!

Just tried it through that URL. Unfortunately, same results, Access Denied.

Any other ideas?

(jkp) #4

if you are using Chrome, try logging into IDE with a Chrome Incognito tab.

RESOLVED: "You are not authorized to perform the requested operation" loging into Android Mobile App
(Tom Gauvin) #5

Incognito Worked!!!

THANKS!!!

(Ovid Boyd) #6

Just a note, I also had this problem, and Chrome Incognito also fixed it. Seems like some bad caching issue from SmartThings

(A K) #7

Anyone has other options here? Incognito worked for a short while and now even that is not working and I get access denied when trying to update a device handler from its repository.

Things I tried:

1. Incognito
  2. Deleting browser history, cookies and cache for the last 4 weeks
  3. Logging out and in and repeating #1 and #2 several times
  4. Going Safari
  5. Going Safari private browsing
  6. Clearing Safari cache and cookies - rinse and repeat

nothing seems to work. access denied persists.

Thank you for any suggestions. I don’t know that emailing support will result with anything other than suggesting incognito which is right now ineffective.

(jkp) #8

Try disconnecting your github account in IDE. Then reconnect it and see if that resolves your issue.

Opinion 2: try a different browser

(A K) #9

Thanks. Turns out that it was the device update I was trying to pull that ST is objecting to. It has been modified as a ‘runlocally’ device and if I paste it directly into the IDE, it rejects the notion of that device running locally and is likely why this ambiguous error occurs. I will keep monitoring. thank you.

(Phillip Meador) #10

Incognito worked great for me. I would have never found this. Thanks for the post.

(Michael Waite) #11

Even though I am getting by switching to Incognito this is not really a solution.

I wonder if there is some hangover from the switch to Samsung account from Smarthings account.

I log into the community using github but into the IDE using Samsung account of course.