"Access to graph.api.smartthings.com was denied"

SO I went to edit one of my devices and got this. Even if I go to edit it and change nothing and hit update I get this error. Is something going on?

working fine for me

Hmmmm. Just tried to create a device and I get access denied

Access Denied
We’re sorry, but you are not authorized to perform the requested operation.

I always login to IDE using https://account.smartthings.com

1 Like

logged out and logged back in and everything seems fine

Take that back. Still cant create a new simulated deviceSome how my account is hosed

I just had the same problem. Contact ST support. They had me log into the IDE in an incognito window in Chrome and that worked!!! There must be a cookies/browser data issue in Chrome so I’m going to clear data (when I have a chance) and that should clear it up. So, if you can log in and create a device in the incognito window, you know it’s a browser issue.

5 Likes

I had the same issue yesterday (US Account)

I’ve had these issues as well. Specifically, not being able to update a SmartApp’s settings, editing an existing device, and adding a new device. And they’re intermittent - every once in a while it works, but usually I get the error. Per @Ryan780’s comments, I tried using a Chrome Incognito tab, and that worked for me, too!

I did contact SmartThings Support, but so far they’ve only suggested logging out and back in, which I’ve tried a zillion times but doesn’t help. Seems like so far they don’t know what the root cause is.

If using Chrome browser, use another. Chrome can have some session issues.

1 Like

use an Incognito tab in Chrome to login to IDE and that should resolve the issue.

2 Likes

That did it!

1 Like