A/V gear not reporting status

For both the Bravia tv and Devon AVR, the device on/off and other functions work fine.
However, it seems neither device is reporting it’s on/off status unless ST is used to turn them on and off.

Not a big deal as I use Alexa to operate them, but it would be nice if ST could report their status.

Glen, neither of these devices are officially supported by SmartThings. They are community created device handlers/integrations. I would suggest adding a reply to those specific posts to let the developer know and maybe they or others using it can help you.

My guess, is the device handlers will need some type of polling of status for them to report status correctly.

Lookup Pollster or use core - you need something to automate refreshing/polling the status

Pollster did it for the Denon, but not for the Bravia. Tried the REST endpoint, no go.
Odd since the Bravia device driver itself works very well.

Like I said, not crucial at all… but would be nice. Been resisting CORE, but just might go there.

Can you refresh from the dth? Seems odd it wouldn’t work. Is it a poll or a refresh?

It’s a poll. I can do it from an HTTP Post command; it will return many status elements, including (of course) whether the device is in ACTIVE or STANDBY mode. I have it written into all of my Tasker commands that operate the tv. But my Things in ST always show the Bravia as OFF.

Seems like something wrong with the DTH or the setup? If you can’t refresh from inside the device in the app and get the right status something is wrong