4 Switches, Synchronized

I have four physical light switches that operate separate lights in our back yard. I want to make it so that if any switch is turned on, all the others turn on. Same for turning them off.

I tried to make Smart Lighting rules - one for each switch which controls the other three. But the problem is that the rules start triggering each other and all of the lights start turning off/on/off/on and I have to delete the rules to make them stop. I tried this with automations as well with the same result. How can I make this work properly without them conflicting with each other and spinning into on/off chaos?

One last note - I have already migrated over to the new app so that is what I’m using.

Brand and model of each switch?

4.4 out of 5 stars 373Reviews

All four are: GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Switch 46201

Use zwave direct association. I’m too tired to explain it today, but someone else can. I don’t know whether the official DTH for this let you set up the associations or whether you will have to use the Z wave Tweaker, but you should be able to do it.

(just putting this here for other people: I have noticed that some recent changes to the smartthings platform mean that devices which support double tap are not always mirroring correctly. I don’t know all the specifics, but direct association should not be affected.)

Or use Mirror function in Smart Lightning app

The OP has already tried that and is getting a feedback loop failure with it.

I can’t be sure, but I think this is happening with devices that support double tap via central scenes and are spoofing the button number. Similar problems have been reported on several different models, and me, it looks like that’s what they have in common. But someone else will have to research it further.