3D Printed Corner/Angle mount for ST Motion?

I can print at my local TechShop, but it’s a monthly fee + materials (and reservation time).

But I’m happy to try if the cost + small margin is attractive to folks.

Is this the optimal mount design, though? Doesn’t seem adjustable…

First print at the HS failed, but my 3D printer arrives this week so I’ll try again next weekend.

This may well erase my excuses for not buying a 3D printer…
I had to buy a mill to make my TV lift, so now a 3D printer to make brackets.
I actually need little prodding to invest in tooling.

So, who makes the bomb 3D printer these days if the budget’s in the $2K range?

1 Like

I’m pretty technical & an avid “hacker” so I went with a "build your own kit:

TwoUp 3D Printer Kit 7" x 7" x 5" Build Dimensions 50 Micron 1.75mm PLA Filament https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ONO16TI/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_O8rpvb069CNF9

I don’t need a pretty case or any of the fluff :slight_smile:

Yea, a kit, that’s the way to go for me!

1 Like

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-PARADOX-Alarm-PIR-Motion-Detector-Swivel-Mount-Bracket/1957964238.html

This could probably be modified to work as a mount, for the smartsense/PEQ motion, that would sit on a corner and provide a downward angle…

I ordered one to see, I’ll order more if it works…

2 Likes

Please keep us posted!

1 Like

Ordered from aliexpress so it’ll probably take a month or more to get here :slight_smile: But Will keep you posted.

3 Likes

So the mounts finally arrived and using 3M double sided tape and command strips I will get these up. Looks promising as I can adjust the angle easily. Here are the pics i took.

3 Likes

Did you “fill in” the mount area where the motion detector connects? I see the red, just didn’t know if there was anything underneath that.

Do you think it’ll paint well? This has promise and I would love to be able to paint the part that connects to the wall so it is a little less obvious.

@brianlees I didn’t fill it in i just stuck double sided tape so the edges were contacted, also the screw holes made contact with the tape… It holds well enough, didn’t want to waste time filling it in with something. Oh and it’s actually coming in contact with the supplied mount that came with the motion sensor and not directly with the sensor itself. You could probably drill some holes and align the two mounts up for a tighter fit. Not sure about painting over it but I would assume it would paint ok, if anything I would run a bit of sandpaper over it to rough up the surface so the paint sticks better maybe…

1 Like

Tyler do you sell corner mounts for the updated micro model? I’ve got 3 of these now that are hard to find optimal mounting locations for.

1 Like

No, we don’t have corner mounts for the micro model

@Tyler, do you think a similar 3D file will be created for the newer micro motion sensor? Wondering where the original 3D file was generated?

No, we have no plans to create one.