2020 Rundown: Arlo Products and new V3 app?

I found @nathancu post before this one, but am still unable to replicate my SHM “Custom” rules. The normal “Security” response logic to record video when there is an intrusion works fine, but I can’t create any Custom rules like ST Classic. For example, when mode was “Away” or “Night”, and Front Yard Motion Sensor detected motion, then trigger Arlo Front Porch camera to record. This functionality doesn’t exist in the new STHM. I tried to set up an Automation to do the same thing, but the only option for my Arlo cameras in the new app is to turn on/off. That’s not the same thing as recording video.

I think the bigger question is how we’re supposed to trigger Arlo Cameras to record from the new App on their own. In ST Classic, I had an Arlo SmartApp. In new ST (v3), it’s not there. I do see it under “Linked Services” as “Arlo (Connect)” (similar to Life360, Konnected, etc.). However, when I click it, then say “Connect these Arlo Devices” and “Done”, it gives me the error “We’re having trouble connecting. Check your network connection and try again.”.

Does anyone know how we’re supposed to integrate Arlo Cameras in the new ST (v3) app? Is it like Sonos speakers where you delete all the devices, and then re-add them one-by-one in the new ST (v3) app? (And do we need to remove the old Arlo SmartApp from ST Classic first?) Or, is there a new version of the Arlo Smart App? I’ve been searching the community, but not having much luck. Kinda bummed if we’re not able to trigger recordings like we could in ST Classic, because I chose Arlo Cameras over Ring a few years ago specifically because they officially “worked with ST” (at the time), and had free cloud storage.

@blake.arnold Would you have any insight to above? Is the Arlo integration on the list of things to do, or should I possibly contact Customer Support to open a ticket?

4 Likes