2018 - Current: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Z-wave+ Shades & Bali Autoview Z-wave+ Shades

Sounds like a motor that isn’t waking up properly. Can you email support@zebrablinds.com or support@zebrablinds.ca (depending on where you purchased from) with the order number and which shade it is from the order?

They will arrange a trouble shooting session and if it doesn’t help it will be warrantied. Also, we might only get back to you on tuesday since it is a holiday on monday.

Neal, thanks for all the tremendous support you’ve offered on the Graber shades. I have five installed: four with powered motors and the fifth on battery. I’m trying out both the Z-Wave Shade and Z-Wave Generic Dimmer DTHS. I use WebCore and a virtual switch to open and close the entire batch for my good morning/good night routines.

Question - when I run those batch routines, some of the shades stop about after moving about 20%, and the red light on the roller flashes once. This has happened to both the battery-powered and the plug-in shades. What does that red light indicate?

I figure I can solve this issue by simply using the Z-Wave Switch DTH, but I want the option of raising and lowering shades to different levels. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

It’s something that’s been brought to our attention recently and we have 5 customers so far including my sister who’s noticed this. Oddly enough the behaviour seems to be limited to Smart Things and we’re collecting as much data as we can on it. If you can send any logs from. Live logging when it happens that would help. Also if you ordered from us just email support with your order number so we can bring it to Graber’s attention as well.

It’s been random so not everyone sees the behaviour either.

Neal-

I’d love to send logs, but … I’m not getting any. I see the virtual switch for the batch of blinds show up when I trigger in ST or Alexa, but the individual blinds are not showing up in the logs. Even when I trigger each individually in the ST app, they’re not showing up in live logging. It’s as if the commands aren’t even going there.

I didn’t order through Zebrablinds (I didn’t want to install the darn things) so I have no order number. I’m going to change the blinds over to generic on/off switches to see if that makes a difference. At this point, I just want them to open and close reliably.

Hmmm, do you have the packing slip somewhere? They should have Springs Window Fashions order number, just PM it to me and I’ll look into it.

Is it always the same shades that have the issue?

Different shades have the issue at any one time, but all have had difficulty.

I decided to change back to the generic Z-wave switch DTH. However, I had intermittent difficulty trying to do that, getting an error message in the IDE that I don’t have permissions to make that change.

I excluded and re-included all blinds and remotes and left the generic switch DTH installed. The Blinds are now opening and closing as expected. Still hoping for some sort of resolution, though, so I can use them with the dimmer DTH.

I see the same behavior Lisa. Every so often one ‘hangs up’ and I have to jog it up and down to get it to wake back up…

Nathan, is it on the same shade or different ones? Also if you manage to get some logs I would appreciate it.

Different ones. So far I think ive seen it in 5 of my six. Sync with me on PM and I’ll be happy to help as much as I can.

Sent a PM (10 char)

This is a very helpful thread. I am looking at Bali roller shades from HomeDepot. I believe Graber and Bali are under the same parent company and they use the same motorization components. I already have wires from a central location to all windows. HomeDepot tries to sell me a $470 multi-motor board and their connectors. If I don’t buy it they won’t warranty the motors. In any case, I already have a Somfy 10 Motor Power & Comm. Panel (part # 1870194). Isn’t that exactly what HD wants to sell me? If so maybe they won’t void my warranty.

As for the connection on the motor side, I understand the motor has a female micro USB connector. So I need to connect my +12V to pin 1 and GND to pin 5. Pin 4 I assume I will just leave floating. How about pin 2 and 3 (data)? Does the motor want them to be bridged (connected to each other), floating or it doesn’t care?

Also HD tells me that the remotes are optional. Seriously? I do have a home automation system but a remote is still a must. Does somebody have the same experience?

Now to ZebraBlinds, which I believe is just selling what the parent company of Bali sells, what warranty do they have? Also do they still have the 35% off? Do they have installers? I am sure I could do it myself but I rather have them do it so if there are any issues they can’t blame it on me.

In terms of the multi motor, unless it’s purchased through Springs Window Fashions or one of it’s dealers and they have it on file for a specific order, they can refuse warranty on any motor related issues. So if you are going the hard wire route, you would have to purchase the unit to be warrantied on the motors.

The warranty is the manufacturer warranty, 5 years on the fabric and motorization & motorization components and lifetime on everything else. We simply provide an affordable way to purchase as well as after sales support from a team who are actually knowledgeable about the products. We also do our own R&D and a smart controller for our own line of motors (not z-wave enabled, but has IFTTT integration) are expected to be released later this year.

The 35% off is renewed for March. I will be updating the discounts tomorrow but it will still work.

All our z-wave shades come with an included 2 button remote.

For installers you can find one here, they have their own charges so please go through it: https://www.zebrablinds.com/find-an-installer

They will install the shade and make sure it’s working, however, motor programming as well as setup with the hub etc would be done by you. The installer will not do any electrical wiring, so if you are hard-wiring, you would need to purchase the multi-motor unit and make sure wiring etc is done before hand.

If help is needed to add the shades to your hub etc you can just call into our support line and they will guide you over the phone.

General Update:

Some orders are experiencing delays. Please login to your account to check if the ESD has changed. Any major changes will be notified via email over the next few days.

Discounts also updated. Please check first post for discounts and coupons.

Do you do dual where one is motor z wave and the other is corded and possibly top down? I need a solar shade/sheer that is closed most of the time for privacy but lets light in and then a motorized blackout (z wave).

It’s definitely possible. For now we would have to do it as a custom quote. Just send in the measurements and fabric to sales@zebrablinds.com

Product Update/Improvement Announcement!
Starting May we will be offering a 12 channel multi-channel remote for the Z-wave shades as well on the site.

The multi-channel remote will let you control up to 12 shades individually or 24 shades in total (any number of shades can be assigned to each channel within the 24 shade limit).

Discounts etc will be updated tomorrow.

Hi, did you ever get a resolution to this? I’ve been having the same issue.

Sorry - got sidetracked with a family emergency and haven’t been able to capture the requested data. Should be back on it after the weekend.

1 Like

Seeing it on a second blind now. Have an automated smart lighting routine that runs every eve at sunset to close blinds. One of the blinds gets stuck at the 6-8% mark and I have to toggle it with the remote before it responds and closes. It was happening on one specific blind every 2nd to third day. Now that blind seems to be working and a different one is getting stuck. Zebra blinds and Spring Fashion support are telling me to call smartthings to trouble shoot. Haven’t had the time to do that.

Right now, we haven’t been able to recreate the issue on any other hub. Works properly on Wink, Vera, Homeseer & Nexia. From what we can tell it’s something that’s been noticed after one of the more recent updates to SmartThings.

The other odd part is that… not everyone on ST is having the issue either.

Which is also why we are trying to get as much logs as possible to see what’s going on in ST.