2011 Samsung Smart TV

Has anyone ever attempted to control a 2011 Samsung Smart TV? I own a pn51d550 which I know used to have this app (http://www.samsung.com/global/article/articleDetailView.do?atcl_id=20) where you could control it over the internet.

I’m trying to figure out how that app worked so that I can put the TV into my smartthings hub.

As far as I am aware, there isn’t anything that can directly. There used to have a DTH for the 2013 TVs but they removed it because it was never updated and was throwing lots of errors for users, in particular for me, it would actually cause my V2 hub to reboot if I ever included the device in a routine.

With that being said, a Harmony Hub can and would be your best bet since it would give you plenty more control anyway.

Yeah, I have a harmony hub in the other room. It works well. In this room, I only have an Xbox One X and this older Samsung TV. The Xbox actually has an IR blaster, but I can’t figure out how to control that without a harmony hub either.

I’m basically testing this ST for the house I’m building. So it isn’t the end of the world if I need another harmony hub, but I had hoped to be able to manipulate some of these devices directly.

Thanks for the info!

If you can get one of the Harmony Hub IR blasters from the hub into the room with the Samsung TV you could use the same hub however, you’re still restricted to only running one ‘activity’ at any one time so not really practical.