2 different SmartThings Locations with Alexa?

Hey,

I set up a second smartthings at my condo. I have Alexa there and at home. I have my first hub working fine but I can’t get Alexa to find my second one. Any Ideas? Thanks Ahead of Time!

At the present time the authorization method that SmartThings uses will only allow one location to be visible to Alexa. ( The same is true for IFTTT.)

They have said they hope to make this option available for the future, but it’s not available now. And even then, it will have to be two different Amazon accounts.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/207808076-Amazon-Alexa-SmartThings-FAQ

Can I control multiple SmartThings Locations with Alexa?

No, not at this time. But we are working on an update that will allow multiple Amazon Alexa devices on separate Amazon accounts to control separate SmartThings Locations.

Take a look at the very complex and powerful smartapp “askAlexa”. I believe the developer has two locations and can control each via Africa front either location.

Ok will take a look at it. You would think that Amazon would have addressed this. I was going to use at my office also so that would be 3 locations. Hope I don’t have to set up 3 Amazon accounts :roll_eyes:

Then you never want to see what I’ve got going on… and I only have one location!

@MichaelS If anyone can help you it would be Michael (developer for Ask Alexa).

There are ways around it with Ask Alexa, but for the most part you will need a separate Amazon account for different locations if there are distinct controls in each house you need to control.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the reply. I may try that