Wired Alarm System Question

This may be a terribly naive but worth asking. My home is wired with a Napco Alarm system. My house is now setup with Smartthings door sensors and motion sensors. I do not want to run dual systems, So I had thought if I used a Smarthings Smart outlet and had a plug go from the outlet to a step down transformer to my alarm system zones. Then I would program my Smarthings sensors to turn off the the outlet thereby triggering a break in the zone and the alarm system. It sounded sensible to me, but I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts before I tried it.

This could work, but a better solution is to use MEMOlite. It also has an input, so you could wire it to alarm output and get notification in SmartThings when your alarm is triggered.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I have 2 other questions , if the alarm system has multiple sones, would you need a Mimolite for each zone. I assume that you could splice the wires to go multiple zones. I know the flaw in this is that my alarm panel would not then know what zone on the wired panel was triggered. I suggested my solution because I have the Smarthing Outlet thatI don’t use, wouldn’t I also be able to get notifications from that if i had the outlet turn off when the system is set and tripped?