Monoprice Door Sensors & Motion Sensors Available again

@florianz: I’ve bought a bunch of Monoprice Motion sensors and I springboarded Device Type development using your code for these sensors.

So I’m a total noob with just a day of groovy/smartthings experience so any feedback would be appreciated. I was able to figure out a few things and sent you a pull request to the heavily modified version that adds the following:

• Ability to set the really annoying 3-minute default for the Inactivity Trigger to fire. The real minimum is 1 minute.
  • Added a battery tile and battery updating during waking up at least 24 hours.

If anybody is interested to try it out, the latest code is on:

How to get it to work:

1. Once you update the code, the Inactivity Timer setting is inside the “Preferences” tile. Its blank by default (which will use 1 minute).
  2. After you’ve set the preference, to make each motion sensor get the new setting immediately, you have to:
  3. Open the motion sensor.
  4. Wait until the red light steadily lights up and add a few seconds to that.
  5. And close it.
  6. If its successful, battery status should show up on the tiles and of course inactivity trigger should be what you set it is.

If it doesn’t work, feel free to send me logs as that code is heavily logged AOTM.
Hope it works for you!

3 Likes