Zwave input sensor

I want to use my camera motion sensors to turn on my outdoor lights. I need something that will connect to my NVR to trip the lights using my Smarthings Hub. I have seen posts about this but still not sure exactly what i need. It seems that my NVR can close two contacts.

So for example if i had a device that two connections, Terminal A and Terminal B. When those two terminals were shorted together (closed) this device would send a signal via Zwave to the SmartThings controller. I could take it from there.

Any ideas?

What country are you in? Device selection does vary.

See the community FAQ:

FAQ: List of devices with dry contact input from external sources

1 Like

I am in the USA

OK, then you will have several choices. See the FAQ. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Do these devices have external contacts so that they may be wired to my NVR?

Yes, that’s the whole point of the FAQ.