Zipato Siren: Use Doorbell Sound?

You should write on the @Mariano_Colmenarejo edge drivers thread about your issue, if it was working maybe some change in the API has broken that option.
BTW, bear in mind that the zipato unit is a Z-Wave siren.

Hi @BigMatty

I need to know the fingerprints and, if possible, the documentation to see which profile fits and which options can be used.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo you are AWESOME!! Thank you for your help, no matter what the outcome. Your current driver already has helped restore the siren functionality which was lost. I do really hope the bell can be returned. I see how much you help the community, too, and its admirable.

Brief history - I originally installed these Winks as stock Z-wave siren & it had only β€œsiren & strobe” or β€œoff”. Then I added that Dome 2.0 and it gained all the features, the multiple siren types and the bell feature with multiple bell sound types. So, that Dome 2.0 had some sort of effect. Then, when the Samsung IDE was removed, the devices reverted back to β€œswitch”. Dome 2.0 would not allow, due to finger print mismatch. Then I kept looking, found your threads and found the notion that these Winks could be Zipato and NOT Dome… So, then added your driver and it did restore Siren. (I add these details hopefully to satisfy the β€˜documentation’ request - the devices did not come with any, but when they were fully working they seemed like they would exactly match the Dome documentation.)

I will add hopefully all the info you have requested, please let me know if more is needed. Also, please let me know if I should move or cross-post this to your larger driver thread.

Device ID
ce5e6568-0b64-4533-b0bc-f9ced2b0e468

Manufacturer Code
017F-0200-0001

Model
0200-0001

Type
ZWAVE

Presentation ID
93775f08-38a3-3bff-8bbb-3708c258f667

I don’t know how the dth sent the command for the bell to ring.

If you have a link to the dth code you used I can look at it

This is the thread that I used originally, that worked:

I suspect it may not have the info you need. It does link to other threads in that first post, one even mentions DTH and I think one has a github repo, if I am lucky the info you need is in there:

@BigMatty

What is the routine you used to ring the device bell?

I wish I would have screenshotted it, of course I wasnt expecting it to go away so I did not. From memory, I woud go to Automations->Add Routine->Set β€˜If’ Condition: Door Sensor = Open

Then set the β€˜Do’ to be Control Device->Siren

But once there, it had a menu much like your paramaters menu shows. It would allow me to choose either siren, or bell, and it woud show the paramaters. So I would choose Bell, duration = 1 second, Bell Type = 3 (or something), Bell Volume = Low

One other detail that may be a clue (I am obviously not a Dev so I dont know how helpful it may or may not be), but when it worked like this, the main screen of the device also had this list on the main screen. In my non-dev-mind, I envision it allows routines only from what is set on that main actions screen?

Thank you again for looking into this for me, I am very grateful of your time & efforts :clinking_glasses:

@bigMatty

In August I’ll look at it to see what I can do and I’ll say something, now I can’t do anything else

1 Like

Thank you @Mariano_Colmenarejo , I appreciate it :smile:

Hi @BigMatty

His Wink Siren isn’t a rebranded Zipato siren, it’s not exactly a Dome siren either, although very much the same.

This is the manual link

It is almost identical to the neo Coolcam 0258/0003/0088, only Wink does not have parameters to configure the LED

The Dome DTH that allowed you from automations was to send commands for different bell and siren sounds

I could make it work as the Coolcam siren, assign it to the coolcam subdriver and create a profile without the LED configuration parameters.

The zipato siren does not have parameter 7, which defines if it sounds the alarm or the chime and therefore the Wink siren is wrongly assigned to the zipato subdriver, it would work better on the Coolcam subdriver.

The Wink siren does have parameter 7 and the Dome and coolcam also have parameter 7.

When I have new driver done, I’ll let you know and you can try it.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Mariano_Colmenarejo !! I am really impressed with your knowledge, and also your generous work for the community (including myself!)

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

@BigMatty

Install this TEST driver version in your Hub ann try if woks

─────────────────────────────────────────────────── 
 Name         Z-Wave Siren Mc-TEST
 Version      2023-08-03T20:43:06.841786399        
- id: 017F/0200/0001
    deviceLabel: Wink Siren
    manufacturerId: 0x017F
    productType: 0x0200
    productId: 0x0001
    deviceProfileName: wink-alarm-battery
1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo this is great, thank you! You are fast :smile: It has returned my ability to use β€œdoorbell” feature, which is the main reason I got the sirens.

There are a couple items I noticed, not sure if there is a way to adjust them?

One is - it seems to always have β€œthe last use settings” cached, so if I do one automation routine that does a doorbell, and then a different one that has a siren - it will always take 2x occurance of the event for the correct action.

Two is - there does not seem to be a β€œduration” setting, which means if the siren gets triggered it just keeps going! (I am thinking I may be able to set a second automation routine for the same event that is delayed, and changes the siren back to off.) (Edit - I should note, the bell setting only lasts as long as the sound is, so it does not have this issue. It simply plays the bell one time, which is perfect.)

Neither of these two items are major to me, as it was really the bell feature I was missing, so thank you again. I will certainly test if you make any modifications and report back.

2 Likes

The bell and siren duration settings are in preferences and will be maintained independently as long as they are not changed in preferences. They are not changes that have to be made frequently.

For the routine you just have to choose parameter 7 (select siren or chime) and send the on command. The bell or siren will sound with the chosen sound and the duration selected in preferences for each of them.

I think it should work like this.

When you execute the Bell routine, you must select it after the siren with another routine or in the same routine with a delay in the execution of 5 seconds, for example.

When you tell me it works, then I’ll merge the TEST version with the Z-Wave Siren Mc driver

1 Like

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo :grinning: I spent some time testing it tonight. I had mixed results…

The duration parameters in Settings all worked great, thank you.

For the siren & bell, I did most of my tests using bell & had some inconsistencies. I was thinking I could find a pattern to them and describe them here. But then when I came back to reply, I realized I’d neglected to add in the 5 second delay as you suggested! :man_facepalming:

So, let me test again using that. Tomorrow is a travel day for me, so it will be Sunday when I am able to test & report back.

Thanks & TTYS!

@Mariano_Colmenarejo , just adding my thanks! I had the same issue as BigMatty and your driver fixed it.

1 Like

@BigMatty @Tim_Donoughue

Driver Z-wave Siren Mc-TEST was merged with Z-Wave Siren Mc in this driver version
You can change to this new driver version when you want.
Z-wave Siren Mc-TEST will be removed from my channel, bit it will be still working in your hub

Name         Z-Wave Siren Mc
 Version      2023-08-12T15:49:33.791154764        
1 Like

Yes, thank you @Mariano_Colmenarejo !! I still have not had time to test it using the delay settings, I thought I would 7 days ago, but we had family come visit for the last week & that meant I was extra tired at the end of the day + could not test β€œloud things” because guests were sleeping :joy:

Over the next couple days here I will be able to use it with the delay settings & I will report back either way.

I actually have 6 of these sirens (they were on sale because they were β€œWink”) so you’ve really saved the day1! :blush:

I’ve just got the Zipato NE-NAS-AB02Z.EU multisound siren. I’ve installed the Z-Wave Siren Mc driver and it found the device. I can only see Off and Siren & Strobe a bit like BigMatty above. Do I need to do anything in order to be able to use the chime ?

Thanks

Geraint