Zigbee KeyFob

Anyone have any luck getting the Almond devices/sensors added to SmartThings? Mine have been sitting on my desk since I bought it.

Thanks!
Jeff

Can the general public buy them yet? It is hard to write a custom device type without the device.

Not that Iā€™m aware of yetā€¦I was hoping that some of the others that had one might have had some luck.

Anyone managed to write a custom device type for these devices yet? JohnR, if youā€™re able (and willing) to write a custom driver, I gladly send you one of my Securifi motion sensors (SZ-PIR02) and door/window sensors (SZ-DWS02) as a gift.

1 Like

@raulpesch I would be happy to give it a try. Send me your eMail as a private message and I will eMail you my address. I will be happy to return them when we get them working.

But before we do all that I have a couple of questions. Why donā€™t you use them with your Almond gateway? Iā€™m really curious about this as I just found out they have a new $99 version of their hub and we have been talking about porting our products over to the Almond platform.

Do you have a link to a good support forum for the Almond ZigBee gateway? The public forums I have found donā€™t seem to have much in the way 3rd party support or developer information.

That would be great @JohnR. Iā€™ll send you a private message with my email. No need to return them, theyā€™re yours if you have a use for it. I bought the Securifi sensors on eBay and would be happy if I can use the ones I keep (in total I bought 2 PIR and 3 motion sensors). The seller sold these sensors separately. I therefore donā€™t have an Almond router.

The sensors are recognized by SmartThings but listed as ā€œThingsā€ without any functionality. I like SmartThings so I would prefer to standardize on the ST platform. I donā€™t have good 3rd party support or developer information unfortunately. Also have no idea whatsoever how complicated it is to write a driver. If itā€™s a ton of work then donā€™t bother.

1 Like

@raulpesch Just came across this today. They have the motion sensor working. I plan on testing as soon as I get home from work.

1 Like

Did anyone ever get this to work. I found it on amazon and figured for 15$ it was worth a try.

Not that Iā€™m aware of. Only the motion sensor from them is working.

I have managed to get the key fob working. Only 3 of the buttons actually are usable, the 4th is just for joining/resetting the connection

The code is here

https://github.com/tierneykev/SmartThings/blob/master/SecurifiKeyFob

5 Likes

Hi kevin! I want to add support to few devices in smartthings hub. Can you help me with that?