Zigbee device connectivity range question

I added two Zigbee outlets on my patio today. I have good wi-fi signal at the location, but I know that has no bearing on the two outlets Zigbee signal.

Is there a way to repair the Zigbee network so the two outlets find the best route to the hub? If not, will I need to put another Zigbee device between the hub and the two outlets?

Thanks!

When you add them, they should automatically find the best route back to the hub.

Strong Wi-Fi can drown out zigbee, otherwise they are just two separate networks.

If you were able to add the devices to your network when they were in place on the patio, that should be all you need.

If you added them when they were closer to the hub, then to get them to find the best network after they are in place on the patio you need to take the hub off of power (including removing any batteries in the hub) for about 20 minutes. Leave all the other zigbee devices on power. This will cause them to go into “panic mode“ when they can’t find a hub. Then when you put the hub back on power, they were all rebuild their network tables and again should automatically find the best route.

How far is it from the devices on the patio to the nearest repeating zigbee device?

Also, if you take a look at post 11 in the community FAQ on wireless range, it should tell you pretty much everything you need to know. :sunglasses: then if you want to know more about the why’s of what’s happening, just go up to the top of that FAQ and read the whole thing.

A Guide to Wireless Range & Repeaters - #11 by JDRoberts

Thanks @JDRoberts… I added them in their patio location. The devices are working, one is slower than the other to respond. I’ll definitely read the FAQ, thanks again!

1 Like