ZigBee buttons installing as z-wave repeaters

Listen I used to know what I was doing on Smarttjing’s and now with edge I don’t have a clue. So I don’t know if this is related to the new Edge platform but when I add a smartthings brand single button or a thirdreality zigbee smart button they get installed as a z-wave repeater. I try changing it in the old ide to ZigBee buttons but in the smartthings app they don’t function. It also shows in ide as a 4 button button but they are only 1.
How do I fix this?

1 Like

I don’t have a solution but there have been several reports where Zigbee devices have ended up matched with generic Z-Wave drivers. It seems odd but the drivers are using really spartan fingerprints that include a parameter that overlaps with Zigbee fingerprints so if all other fingerprints fail they can match. The question is whether all other fingerprints should be failing.

I don’t know what the resolution was in those other cases.

1 Like

My ST buttons stopped working completely two weeks ago, the stock edge driver wouldnt work. I switched them over the ‘mc’ driver from @Mariano_Colmenarejo and haven’t had and issue. I did go through the extra step of removing them from ST and also manually resetting them, but they’ve been fautless since.

I just installed a new ST button yesterday. It paired using a new ZigBee button driver with no issues and seems to be working fine.

My zigbee repeater show as zwave thermostat…