ZBMPlug15 Doesn't Report Energy Usage

ZBMPlug15, which ships with the starter kit, is a energy monitoring plug. It reports power usage via Zigbee (see: http://simplehomenet.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZigBee_HA_Metering_Smart_Plug).

My goal is to use it to monitor when a washing machine is finished it’s cycle and send a text.

However, in the SmartThings app, the power usage is not reported.

Any ideas?

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I’m having the same issue. I bought one of the old Kickstarter kits on eBay to get started with SmartThings and it included a ZBMPlug15. It works fine as a switch, but it doesn’t report the power usage like the Aeon Labs ZWave ones that I bought separately on Amazon.

Is there a way to make this report power usage (maybe by changing the device type or something like that?)

Same is happening to me; doesn’t report energy usage. Any thoughts how to fix it?

I can’t even get any of my 5 to even do an OFF/ON function via the smartthings app. Any ideas or something maybe someone has come across to try?

I also cannot get mine to turn off. Enabling Live logging shows the following error:

error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.util.LinkedHashMap.debug() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [switch (0006) capability configured successfully]
Possible solutions: getAt(java.lang.String), dump(), get(java.lang.Object), get(java.lang.Object), get(java.lang.Object), each(groovy.lang.Closure) @ line 58

Any one else?

Today I tried to connect a Philips Hue White and Color bulb. It has similar behavior to the switch, where it received events correctly, but is not responding to any commands.

Could this be a related issue with the hub?