Z-Wave Smart Energy Meter - 9.99....Really?

If you find it can you post the link back here, so the info is integrated - will be very helpful. :slight_smile:

I ordered two yesterday, then last night sent a support request asking them to add 4 more and a few other things. No indication that they got my email, but they did charge my card for the to plus shipping. So I guess Iā€™ll be surprised at what shows up :slight_smile:

Bought 2 one for my camper and other for my generator. :slight_smile:

For any of you who already have and use one, would you care to share photos of your installations? Love hearing and seeing about others projects.

I have four of these on the way :slight_smile:

What link are you looking for?

Oopsā€¦typo, I was replying to the post from @jdstach -

Ya, me too. I expect to get an out of stock email. That price looks like a typo.

Got an automated email from UPS Choice that they have received a shipping label.

Looks like itā€™s sold outā€¦page comes up missing and they only appear to have a ā€œkitā€ thatā€™s a lightbulb + v1 monitor.

The 3 that I ordered just shipped.

Same here.

Has anyone done one of the free National Grid home energy audits? I just want a free blower door test. Iā€™ve been sealing like crazy. Iā€™m going to wait until I have a little more data. This device should help some. Though Iā€™m not super worried about electric. I have a lot of servers running that Iā€™m not going to shut down. . . .

Looks like they are $24.99 now.

Does this one show instantaneous usage? Ie. If I turn everything on, the number will go up, and if I then turn everything off the number will go down? If power goes out itā€™ll show 0?

yup sure does. Iā€™m using the community DH and it is monitoring my Hot Tub. 11w idle and jumps up when anything kicks on on the tun.

1 Like

I had the National Grid energy assessment done a couple of years ago. They will do the blower door test, as well as assessing your attic/wall insulation, giving you a few freebies (bulbs, power strips, etc.) and they will pay an electrician to replace as many light fixtures as you would like to pay for at a subsidized discount of $10 a fixture. They also installed weather stripping around my main door for free, if that helps.

As did I. It was worth it to me just for the LED light bulbs! Also got a set-back thermostat and the sealing with blower before/after test, which was enlightening.

Highly recommended!

They charged my credit card but there is no indication that it has shipped. No signs of life at the company eitherā€¦

Anyone confirmed this will work w/a solar installation like SolarCity? We have the original circuit panel and secondary panel from SolarCity. How does that complicate things?

UPS has mine at their local facility - so to USPS Min. and delivery on Tue.

Now to add a duplex outlet to my main box, remove an old X10 capacitor and some clean up :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve already change almost every bulb to LEDs. HD had a great sale on them a couple month ago. But nothing beats free. Wish I had waited. Iā€™ve done a ton of sealing too. Iā€™ve used 30+ tubes of caulk and a bunch of big cans of Great Stuff. . . .

Iā€™m in the process of sealing up the attic. I just cut a bunch of wood to see the stud bays. I spent hours yesterday sealing up one 20 foot wall cap and a bunch of ceiling boxes. Itā€™s dirty work. It would be nice if someone else would do it for free. . . . .

Itā€™s hard to believe. Why do they do this stuff for free? Before and after blower door tests! Very nice.

1 Like